UEFA Champions League

I always thought it spoke to the amount of incredible players that was around in the 90’s/early 2000’s, especially if you see the widespread club representation of the winners also, while Messi and C.Ronaldo are some of the best ever, I really can’t wait for the end of their dominance.

At least Henry didn’t lose to some slouch, Nedved was an great player.

2 Likes

Tbf, most would look ordinary in a peak Ronaldo/Messi era. I mean, guys like Aguero, Kane and Salah look ordinary with those two around.

The whole voting doesn’t make sense anyway. Ronaldinho didn’t even got into the top three in '06 whilst he was the best player on that Barcelona La Liga/Champions League double winning team.

2 Likes

It’s a shit system tbh because it should have been Ronaldinho and Pirlo as the top 2 in 2006 but I guess it was World Cup year so the captain (who produced some of the greatest defensive performances in a near flawless campaign) won it by default.

I also think Pirlo got robbed of best player at the 2006 World Cup which he clearly was.

Either way these awards rely too heavily on major international tournament performances or CL winning campaigns unfortunately. I guess that’s the way they’re fixed.

Pires didn’t win the award so frankly it is not to be respected in the slightest.

So in other words Pascul Cygan cost Henry the award. “ He’s bald, he’s shit, he plays when no ones fit, Pascul Cygan”

Only if equivalent talents come in; Otherwise it would just mean that pretenders like Neymar, Sneijder, Modric be running around like they are the best footballers ever.

1 Like

Can you add Twatan to that list?

I almost thank God for the likes of Messi and C.Ronaldo being able to overshadow that rat-faced bastard’s ego

1 Like

Crap system, I agree.

By the same logic that Modric won it, it can be argued that Henry should have won it in 06. Reached the CL and WC final (but unlike Modric, won neither)

Oh god yes. Zlatan would have been banging on and on about him being GOAT. He had to shut his trap to not look like a fool with those two around.

Zlatan I’ll allow, as he played a persona and his overrating compensated for him being underrated while at Juventus, Inter and Milan.

What I can’t abide is that useless, chipmunk faced little fruadulent shit Griezmann.

Acting like he’s LeBron James of football with all these shows and movies when he ain’t shit. Bottled a move to Barca as well. Good for you, you managed to score against a Kos with one ankle and Mustafi, you want a medal, cunt?

Don’t get why he’s hated less than Neymar tbh

8 Likes

Agree Griezmann is a jumped up twat, thinks way too much of himself. The reveal thing he did was so cringe my face almost melted off. You ain’t no LeBron you ponk ass bitch

7 Likes

Big one tonight Spuds v City. Hell of an occasion for them. Got a feeling for them over the 2 legs if they dont lose the first leg.
Never had a big result yet City in the champions League.

I think City will have to much class over the 180 minutes, but you’re right in regards to City having a habit of failing at this stage of the CL in years gone by.

Not sure on City after games against Fulham, Cardiff and Brighton if they are just controlling games or gone off the boil slightly.
Either way were into the defining games of their season now. Palace away in the league Saturday could be interesting if they dont get a decisive result tonight.

Ronaldo has travelled to Amsterdam, but Chiellini hasn’t.

How big of a miss is Chiellini for them? @SRCJJ

Personally I think Chiellini is a bigger miss than Ronaldo would have been.

Bonucci and Regani haven’t really impressed me recently.

3 Likes

Huge miss for them. They’re really missing Benatia because Bonucci has been shit and Rugani just hasn’t pressed on.

2 Likes

Rugani has stagnated, having very little or sporadic game time will do that to you.

He’s totally mismanaged his career, just recently signed an extension too. Happy to be filling trophy cabinet at the expense of his development.

FTFY

3 Likes