UEFA Champions League

Hahahaha

1 Like

Yeah the hope would have to be we make a couple of key additions in January that we should have made in the summer.

1 Like

PotterOut trending

Be at West Ham soon enough.

Too early. It’s still got Tuchel stink.

1 Like

Where do you think Dyche ends up ?

West Brom.

#dychebaggie

1 Like

Haaland goal almost the spitting image of one Cruyff scored for Barcelona in 73/74 v Atletico Madrid

3 Likes

Championship tbh. Outside chance of the prem might be Southampton.
Could be the turn to guy in a relegation fight if he holds out.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

The realty is that so long as the Premier League consumes so much of the global football revenue there will always be a clamour from major teams and leagues to expand the game abroad to try to squeeze every penny that they can.

A lower end PL club has the financial firepower of a top 4 Italian / Spanish team so the reality is that a gap like that has to be bridged eventually.

3 Likes

Yep easy to snort at this kind of thing from the top of the tree.

The other 4 big leagues are not going to do what the PL did and rival it on their own. They’ll continue to grow further apart. So it’s pretty much inevitable that they’re going to lead their own games down this kind of route.

2 Likes

The COVID Cup CL was the most interesting the competition has been in 20 years. That format would sell anywhere and could generate huge sums with host cities etc. With a format like that it really wouldn’t matter where the games were held.

3 Likes

Host cities in Europe not Boston and Doha so we can actually enjoy our champions league in our timezone

I wouldn’t be against that at all, sounds decent TBH. I have zero issue with commoditizing the competition

Issue the useless middleman called UEFA - ESL fiasco proved you don’t need them beyond the CL branding

Meh for me. Bit like the world cups some of them would be easy to follow, some not. I really don’t see the CL as an “ours” thing in the same way I’d say that about the PL or FA cup.

How was it that the Covid CL was different again?

Was it something to do with group formatting or where games were hosted?

Wasnt it just one leg knockout ties which made it more Intresting.

Could be wrong my memory crap.

3 Likes

That, and the QFs, SFs and final were all played in the space of about 10 days in Portugal.

2 Likes

Looking forward to tonight’s game Ajax v Napoli, two of the greatest Maradona and Cruyff watching from beyond cheering them on I expect

2 Likes