Transfer Wishlist

Get Gravenburch, Isak, kulusevic. Sorted.

1 Like

Is it possible?

Took you guys long enough to realise Martial is a fraud

And if we can get Greenwood, sell/let go all our current strikers save maybe Balogun for 3rd/4th option.

Of course not. Perhaps in 5-6 years when Man Utd destroy the kid.

Looking forward to see what happens in the January transfer window. Hoping we can focus on outgoings rather than incomings as would sooner save our money for the summer, unless we can secure a really top quality player. Would love to invest in a really top quality young midfielder in the summer. Jude Bellingham or Declan Rice anyone?

Not sure about that. The last thing youā€™d want now is to upset the dynamics around the squad.
Players look fairly happy and certainly show it on the pitch.
Elneny and Kola were the only ones I would really accept going with a midfielder coming in. It sounds like Ainsley might be the one going over Elneny.

Even in the Auba case, I wonder if we can work things out, he can at least finish off the season and then he can go along with Laca in the summer.

I feel more postponements are on the way which will most likely result in more congested fixtures down the road. Weā€™ll need the depth then. Weā€™ve been fairly lucky with injuries when it comes to our best players but this is Arsenal weā€™re talking about. Our luck is terrible.

Feels like a ManU transfer.

Iā€™m just talking about fringe players like Kola, Elneny, AMN, possibly Nketiah as it looks unlikely that he will sign a new deal. Iā€™d also sell Mari, or Cedric or Chambers if a decent bid comes in for them ahead of the summer. We have a lot of players to shift and all the loan players will come back to the club unless we get deals in place. Got to continue the clear out this winter. I think we will be ok schedule wise atm. January looks like it will be disrupted, but as soon as we are into March I think things will get back to normal.

Maybe, but maybe we need to be in the mix tooā€¦I would like to sign a really good central midfielder in the summer.

If you go through and sell all those guys you then have to replace them.
I also donā€™t think itā€™ll go down very well in the dressing room if we replace 4-5 players while we are still in the race for Top 4.
There were different circumstances last January. Squad isnā€™t as bloated as it used to be and our Top 4 chances were pretty much dead due to that bad run early in the season.

Tbh I reckon the only exit will be Kola. The AMN deal to Roma already looks trash and as little as he plays, I donā€™t think we can afford to let him go in case. Canā€™t see Auba leaving mid season especially since heā€™s at AFCON.

If AMN does go Iā€™d expect to to be at the latter end of the window closer to Partey returning.

Incoming I expect a midfielder on loan and the striker situation depends on Auba.

1 Like

If we are talking fantasy stuff then Rice, Sterling and Haaland :grin: only the best part of Ā£300mā€¦Cā€™mon Kroenkes, letā€™s get it done.

1 Like

Not often I agree with Edu but get those two sorted next season and weā€™re going places.

2 Likes

Get it sorted in January and we make Top 4

1 Like

Honestly, getting more and more confident this team can get Top 4 without them. When Iā€™m talking about going places Iā€™m talking about actually challenging for the league and the Champions League.
Iā€™m not opposed we wait till the summer if that means we get the right players in.

1 Like

Striker and a midfielder, Iā€™d like a RB like Lamptey as competition at RB + weā€™ll need a no 2 keeper.

Do all those things + continued growth from the youngsters then good things can happen.

1 Like

Agree but letā€™s remember that success lures lads quicker than ever now.
2,3,4 year plans have to factor this in nowadays.

2 Likes

Striker is obviously highest priority
CM is second on that list
Winger (right it left)
Backup RB
Backup GK

Bringing Saliba back from loan will be huge boost for our CB options. Relegates Holding to 4th choice - which Iā€™m fine with.

Will need to extend Laca by another season if weā€™re losing Auba, Nketiah and Balogun (loan). So either extend Laca or sign an experienced striker (basically a Giroud / Dzeko style option - older but with plenty to give and happy to rotate).

3 Likes

The other thing is it all needs to be done in Jan / by the summer, Partey is 29 next season so we canā€™t wait 3 years to fill these holes and then heā€™s 31 or 32 with another hole to fill.

1 Like

I really donā€™t want to extend Lacazetteā€™s deal.

Heā€™d want more than a year, probably want three or even four and the club would probably want to give him just one year.

Weā€™ve eaten so much shit on the last few big contracts we did (Ozil, Auba, even Walcott) that Iā€™m worried about doing it again.

1 Like

Yep. One year extension or pass. We will need to reload the position anyway. Go get Isak and/or Greenwood and continue to try to build a diverse attack with more scoring outlets than just one main striker. Auba and Laca gone unless Laca willing to take one year extension to offer some depth. Balogun to stay as depth as well, with Nketiah gone.