Transfer Wishlist

I agree. Was more a wishlist.

Realistically, it’s probably more likely Emerson and Bissouma not Hakimi and Fabian

2 Likes

That would make us much more defensively solid. Although we might not progress the ball that well.

2 Likes

So Bellerin, Guenduzzi, Toreira, Willock and AMN all likely gone in the summer. Should give us a decent amount to re-inforce the squad.

Sacking all your scouts and getting another company to source you new ones sounds completely moronic.

2 Likes

@BigWeng_4LYFE tell me who you want at RCB if we’re going out to get one.

Requirements:

• Expected to be a starter(so he has to be pretty good)
  • Experienced
  • Not over 60m

I don’t like the idea of getting rid of half decent young players. Especially if our targets are 32 year old has beens.

Nketiah and Nelson should be leaving ahead of Guen, Willock and AMN.

Well, the latter 3 are gonna generate solid funds to spend later.
We’ll be lucky to get £15m in total for Nelson and Nketiah. Their worth is at an all-time low with how little they’ve been used since January.

1 Like

My thoughts would be:
Skriniar
Jose Jimenez
Ben White
De Vrij
Demiral (don’t know how key Juventus see him to their future plans)
Luiz Felipe
Milenkovic
Kounde
Ibanez
Jose Jimenez
Araujo
Kjaer (only just joined but only got a year left on contract I think)
Dunk
Ajer (the presumably cheap option)

Some of these may not be realistic targets but they’re the right-sided good quality CBs I’m aware of

1 Like

We just spent 30m on two young center backs in consecutive summer transfer windows. If we dont use these guys fuck this club. If Fofanna can contribute to Leicester Saliba can contribute here. We don’t need to waste money on another CB. If Arteta can’t manage them, then he needs to fucking go, not the players.

One of the saddest things is a guy like Mavropanos who came here, and we didn’t know what the fuck to do with him, so his value dropped like a stone. Until he went to Stuttgart and his value doubled in 20 appearances :joy::joy: fuck these foreheads at Arsenal who make the decisions.

4 Likes

Saliba should have gone out on loan for the whole of last season, that’s the mistake that Arsenal made. Arteta and Edu inherited a lot of dead wood within the squad. We had too many players in that position, and it made sense to send Saliba out on loan to give him game time. I fully expect him to replace Luiz as the right sided CB next season.

Mari / Gabriel and Saliba / Holding isn’t a bad CB line up for next season IMO. That said, if we have the money, and a top quality CB is available, I’d be happy for us to strengthen in this position further.

Need to remember that we currently have the third best defensive record in the PL this season, so it is now about adding quality to our squad and strength and depth.

Backup LB and a new first choice RB are bigger priorities this summer for me.

2 Likes

What do people think about Vestergaard? I’ve just clocked he has a year left in his contract.
Experienced and very smart defender. Can pass the ball well too.
Not the fanciest of moves with Varane, Andersen, Botman and others reportedly available but it’s definitely a smart one that wouldn’t cost a lot and wouldn’t block the development of Gabriel and Saliba.

He’s a pretty good CB and gets a few goals as well
I’m not sure how much better he is than what we have but he’s an international player and is PL experienced so he might be worth a punt if we can get him cheap.

He’s a bit slow but he’s also huge. Great in the air. Something I think we’ll lack without Luiz.
He’s also brilliant on the ball as he showed this season, he can ping balls like a midfielder. Reckon he would be the best at the club if he came.
Would certainly prefer him over Holding. Saliba can be bedded in slowly.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/EduardoHagn/status/1395009061431693316?s=19
Hear that KSE? That’s the least acceptable signings. :wright:

1 Like

Trippier, with Atletico giving us him+cash for Bellerin :grin:, plus Heaton and Bertrand on a free. That’s out defensive signings sorted and the minimal outlay allows us to go big in other areas.

I think Sam Johnstone at West Brom wouldn’t be a bad shout as keeper cover and would be good enough for a few League starts.
Wouldn’t cost a fortune and could turn out very good going forward.

Home grown as well, like Heaton. Ex United so good pedigree.

1 Like

He’s 28 though. Reaching peak age for a goalkeeper. Will he want to go back to being a back up?

Is Johnstone good with the ball in his feet?
Have watched West Brom loads but I haven’t noticed.

Maybe not tbh but from our point of view would be a good addition.

The twitter nerds have brought this gentleman to my attention