Transfer Wishlist

Players were probably conscious of coronavirus.

1 Like

Ok so been thinking about options to strengthen our defenceā€¦personally would have loved us to sign Upamecano this summer who would have been the perfect CB partner for Saliba. Havenā€™t given up hope for the future, especially if he has a release clause and we continue to improve next season.

I really want us to sell Kolasinac this summer, but that leaves us exposed at LB and we are still lacking in quality at CBā€¦random and probably unrealistic but does anyone else think that David Alaba could be a perfect option this summerā€¦he hasnā€™t signed a new deal for Bayern and his current contract expires next summer. If he doesnā€™t sign a new contract, Bayern may be open to a cut price deal so they donā€™t lose him on a free. No shortage of clubs I suspect but as a reported Arsenal fanā€¦I just wonder if we had a genuine interest, if we could tempt him. Wages would be no issue. Premier League would be a draw for him. Could play in either a 5 or 4 man defence and at either LB or CB.

Gabriel Magalhaes is a rumoured target for around Ā£25m markā€¦we could get a top draw player in Alaba for the same or maybe less money and he would be an instant upgrade on our current options. Thoughts?

I donā€™t agree weā€™re exposed at LB if Kola leaves, Tierney and Saka have been two of our best players, he can go imo. We have a billion CBs, we need to get rid of a couple if we want to sign more of them imo.

David Alaba walks into just about any team in the world, would normally cost idno Ā£70m+ contract aside, probably wants Ɩzil level wages and would probably rather slit his wrists than come here. He would be an instant upgrade on our current options, I agree with that part :grin:

I meanā€¦itā€™s still living in London. Itā€™s not that bad.

All the more reason to slit his wrists

Iā€™m sure I saw an article that said he wanted something like Ā£400k a week to stay at Bayern, I think that would be an issue :joy:

Also of all the positions we need to strengthen left back isnā€™t it. I donā€™t mind selling Kola and getting a cheap replacement, but Alaba would be more of a replacement for Tierneyā€¦

With Partey potentially costing too much for us, I wonder if either Soumare is gettable? Lille need money and heā€™s a CDM from what Iā€™ve read.

2 Likes

I know you didnā€™t start this, but can we please put this in proper threadā€¦ FFS I didnā€™t expect to read about random football fan posters views on religion in a transfer f*ing thread.

To be fair, this could happen on any thread :wenger:

Moving posts from a month ago gets a bit messy tho so Iā€™m not going to shift these ones.

Dembele has fallen out of favour at Lyon. Thatā€™s a Lacazette alternative if I could spot one.

I realize Iā€™m not the right person to trust on this front because I was super wrong about Mustafi and Xhaka but what about Jonathan Tah at CB? Heā€™s still relatively young and halfway decent with his feet. I donā€™t recall him making a ton of Mustafi-style mistakes either.

rather get edouard

Can we sign whoever scouts players for Lyon?

1 Like

I really hope that we keep Laca, but would consider a Partey / Laca swap dealā€¦if we then signed Dembele from Lyon as his replacement.

Well, his price just went up. Fucking hell. :rofl:

Iā€™m going to try and be as realistic as possible here and use the names we have been linked to and the apparent rules to their transfers.

But basically in my eyes the best case scenario to the rest of our window:

Sign:
Partey Ā£50m release clause
Aouar Ā£50m from the sound of things
Gabriel Ā£27m

Keep:
Ceballos another loan with obligation to buy next season
Auba with the new contract.

Sell:
Lacazette Ā£30m
Guendouzi Ā£25-30m
Chambers Ā£10-15m
Elnenny Ā£5m
Holding Ā£10m
Bellerin Ā£30-40m (i.e. if a good offer for him comes in)

Not much of a spend but will be very hard to pull off.

For me, I think selling Laca would be a mistake, unless we can replace himā€¦if Auba does sign a new deal but then gets injured with are left with Nketiah upfront. Would be happy for a Partey - Laca swap, with us then going for someone like Moussa DembĆ©lĆ© or Luka Jović as a replacement.

1 Like

Would you not sell Xhaka as a poor player and decent funding for your other possible targets?

Realistically I donā€™t think heā€™s on the chopping block anymore.

Personally Iā€™d sell for about Ā£40m but I doubt the club will.

1 Like

Okay was just wondering why you hadnā€™t listed him.
Share the sentiment tbh ,probably with a bit more angst.