Transfer Wishlist

That would be fantastic business. I’d rather sell Bellerin than AMN but otherwise this would be a great way to turn over the squad, getting both younger and better in the process.

1 Like

That team would indeed slap but I’d opt for Emi in goal right now.

1 Like

Don’t think I’ve ever seen so much love for @BigWeng_4LYFE since ever.

Agreed but I do think there’s a bigger market for AMN than Bellerin, also think we’d fetch more for Torreira so we are probably stuck with Xhaka as a bench option.

Buendia
Buendia
BUENDIA

We can hear you just fine. You’ve got good reception. No need to shout.

Bellerin is white and Spanish so I’m sure we could con somebody, I hope.

1 Like

Agreed, the one point I’m less sure on is if we do have to pay £50m for Partey, is he really the best player we could get for that money given the supposed COVID price deflation?
E.g Could we get Kessie, Barella, Sensi, Brozovic, Pellegrini, Fabian, Tonali, Florentino Luis, Rice or Bruno Guimaraeas for the same or less?
I realise writing this I’ve mostly picked Serie A players but those are just the ones that came to mind for the best defensive midfield options.

I’m not sure who the best alternative in his role would be, but if you ask me who would be better value between him and Aouar for a similar price I know who I’d choose.
(I’m aware they’re very different players I’m just making a value comparison).

1 Like

If all that happens it will be a pretty good transfer window but it’s only a net spend of about 20 million and we would also have Ozil off the wage bill so I would expect maybe either another player to come in or a proven top quality player instead of Buenda.

Saying that, there is no way we will shift more than one or two players so I doubt we’ll be seeing much more than Willian and maybe Partey or a CB coming in.

1 Like

I agree with u I’ve been saying we could definitely get more bang for our buck but Partey is the guy that the club seem smitten with and maybe Arteta really rates him and feels he can do the job.

I would add Denis Zakaria to that list, especially if we’re looking for an athletic DM. My suspicion is that Arteta wants a player with experience at top level who is more of a sure thing like Partey. But Zakaria is a pretty intriguing talent - riskier, but also with higher potential payoff - and reportedly in the same price bracket.

I’d be intrigued by those guys more than Partey. He’s a good player but is he able to function outside of Madrid’s system? I have doubts.

EDIT: Maybe a Lucas-Kessie swap deal? Idk.

I would take £30-35m for Torreira and pay Partey’s release clause - he would be a big upgrade and better than the other options listed…

AC Milan - strong link to Torreira
PSG - decent link with Guendouzi

Sell both and secure Partey and Ceballos on permanent deals and we would have upgraded our midfield considerably.

1 Like

That would be a good…maybe a great summer all things considered?

Edit: Obviously that assumes Aubameyang is already signed up

Before the restart I wanted three things…Auba to sign a new deal and for us to sign Partey and Upamecano. Upamecano looks unlikely but other two look possible. If we sign Ceballos then I’m very happy and anything else is a bonus.

How many midfielders out there can play like this against a high pressing Liverpool side?

5 Likes

Dani Ceballos :+1::grin:

not the first game tho we were fucking horrible under Emery :joy::joy: he bossed it under Arteta tho.

Have we been linked with Buendia yet?

Nope. :disappointed:

Don’t get me wrong, that was a good performance but there were hardly one or two instances where you could say he evaded pressing. He had plenty of space otherwise.

1 Like