Transfer Wishlist

If Rice has that extra year option then I wouldn’t even bother bidding. He’s not worth more than 70-80m and even at that I’m dubious, it’s just the relative fees make him worth it.

Expensive Michael Carrick.

Just pay the release clause for Spanish Martin from Sociedad.

4 Likes

Fee lowering bastards because it’s us.

I couldn’t believe they got over £30m for freakin’ Benteke and Brewster who scarcely saw the light of day they got something like £25m.

We have to be one of the worst clubs in the world for getting a fee for our players.

Mind you we managed to get 40m for the ox.

Is that confirmed?

Also, I think Chelsea will definitely bid in the summer. The idea that buying Enzo would stop them and/or some rumors that Rice’s family didn’t like how Chelsea treated him won’t matter at all.

West Ham do have the option to extend his contract but from what I heard they can only extend once he enters the final year of his contract.

Interesting that they have to wait until he enters his last year to activate it. Sounds like a good way to sour the relationship between the player, agent and club.

1 Like

Price tag of at least £100m because of Mudryk and Antony. Plus, he wants to play for Madrid one day so guaranteed transfer saga in 2 or 3 years’ time.

With the news that Neymar may be up for sale, let’s add him to the wishlist.

120m fee and about 450k a week. Why not?

Sadly, that has United written all over it.

Let me go back to wishlisting Rice, Maddison and Norton Cuffy, Patino and Balogun back.

Great player but it would send the wrong message if he came here. Injury prone. High wages. Averages around 18 league appearances a season for PSG. So you’re paying 450k a week for 18 league games.

—————

Norton-Cuffy isn’t making it here imo. He will probably lurk in the Championship or the lower levels of the Premier League.

1 Like

Neymar is a great player but like you say, let Man U spend 100m and 500k a week for a thirty year old player who is likely to miss several games every season because Man U are the experts in these deals.

For the same sort of money, we could get both Maddison and Rice, who are younger PL players.

Think Neymar is such a special player. He’d be here for the wrong reasons though. Surely he’d want a Balon d’or? For that reason, surely Madrid or Barca is his next destination.

Norton Cuffy looks really good, like really good to me. At least Lamptey level but he’s bigger and more physical.

Neymar takes time off for his sister’s birthday lol. I dont think we need to reintroduce an aging player with questionable priorities on astonomical wages who expects to be treated differently to other players, it’d upset the whole dynamic Arteta has been crafting for years, especially after getting rid of Ozil and Aubameyang.

If it were an aging player who has world class talent but is relatively fit and seems truly professional, like Lewandowski perhaps, it’s a different story. World class players are welcome at any age, but they need to have the drive and professionalism that Arteta has fostered among the rest of the squad. Neymar definitely aint that.

And I think that’s the ‘problem.’ He’s more a player who thrives off his athleticism from the little I’ve seen. I see him in the Nuno Tavares mould which has value to clubs that play with wing-backs.

Neymar’s ability to win a Ballon d’Or died in Qatar. I don’t think either Spanish team touches him so late into his career.

With Ronaldo in semi-retirement and Messi winding down, after Mbappe, Neymar is probably the next most marketable player.

Can Barcelona even afford him? I’m sure their player wage bill needs to drop considerably in the summer.

Madrid are a serious a team. If they’re going to sign anyone from PSG, it would be Mbappe. He can at least make a significant impact on the pitch for many years, unlike Neymar.

Neymar is an asshole, a diver… but talk about talent, he is much better than Jesus

Other than money issue, a front 3 of Neymar-Jesus-Saka/Martinelli will be extremely interesting.

2 Likes

I think we should still be on the look out for a really elite CF. ie someone who can easily hit 20+ league goals

I really rate Jesus but I’m not fully convinced he’s in the discussion as an elite CF

3 Likes

yes, he is an elite player but not elite CF

1 Like

Just quietly how handy would Felix have been the last couple of games ?

1 Like