Transfer Wishlist

I think his contract will be expired this year, and there is supposed a talk in between the team and player this month.

So this summer on a free, as opposed to making an offer this window?

Hell no to Giroud. Ruins our high pressing game.

Caicedo now and Rice in the summer. I didnā€™t realise Caicedo was so young.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Though we only seem to press up to the opposition box nowadays, not a full press. An additional striker would really only play a bit part once jesus returns anyway.

Letā€™s hope thereā€™s money for both midfield suggestions!

I would wait till summer, no need to spend unnecessary

Thatā€™s a good number of games with just Eddie thoughā€¦ Would you try martinelli up top?

We can get away with that for some one games.

If we have a fully rested and healthy Saka and Trossard as wings, why not?
Even when Jesus was playing he did not score many goals.
Our goals are from the movement of the team, and spreading out from all players.
Adding Giroud/others is adding an extra dimension to our attack, not like we desperately need it but will definitely help.

Every time Iā€™ve seen Kolo M play (three times) Iā€™m always moved by the fact that he could probably play in any position and still look good. Left-wing, right-wing, centre-midā€¦striker. His skillset is so vast that heā€™d be able to learn and adapt.

2 Likes

If the lad scored that last minute chance at the WC he would be worth 100+m right now.

1 Like

TRANSFER WINDOW SLAMMED SHUTā€¦My transfer wishlist for the summer as follows:

No.6 - Declan Rice
No.8 - Sergej Milinkovic-Savic or Moises Caicedo or Jude Bellingham
Winger - Dejan Kulusevski

2 Likes

we will be CL contender if that come true

1 Like

Canā€™t see us spending 250 million quid unfortunately.

Yep. Itā€™s important to consider the contracts involved as well. A permutation of two from Rice, SMS and Bellingham will involve a commitment of 500k pw, minimum.

Add to that we still havenā€™t renewed Saka and Saliba.
Iā€™ll take one big signing myself and be very pleased.

I think we are going to double down in the summer. I also still think that Xhaka will be sold to make way for two big midfield signings. We will make some money from sales so net spend will be above previous summers, but relative to being in the CL next season. I also donā€™t think we would be paying silly money for Kulusevski.

Agree with @GC-Maniac on wages, but with CL football we have room with our wages bill to extend Saka, Martinelli and Saliba as well as sign a couple of top quality players.

We have shown we will spend about 100-150m in summer windows. With that in mind Iā€™d like to see something like:

• Zubimendi 50m (release clause)
  • Another CM between 50m-70m
  • Additional young cheap defender who perhaps covers CB and RB/LB

Think Balogun has shown enough to come back and get some chances but he may be wanting more starts after the current season heā€™s hqving with Reims

Iā€™d look at getting rid of Holding and Sambi primarily.

GK: Ramsdale, Turner
RB: White, Tomi
CB: Gabriel, Saliba, Kiwior, new signing
LB: Zinchenko, Tierney

DM/CM: Partey, Zubimendi, Jorginho, Xhaka, New CM
AM: Ode, ESR, Vieira

RW/LW: Saka, Trossard, Martinelli
ST: Jesus, Nketiah, Balogun

A couple of really strong signings and all of a sudden we have a lot of depth across the pitch.

6 Likes

I think it, my only gripe is which one outside of Saka really plays RW ?

Declan Rice

1 Like

Could see Jesus get game time there with Eddie proving he is capable through the middle and depending on what happens with Balogun

Another dynasty in sight, if we have this team in full strength and healthy