Transfer Wishlist

Yeah I think I’d have him too.

Where would James Maddison play? I see him as a player for one of the three positions behind Jesus rather than playing in the midfield.

1 Like

Thats where I’d play him. We need a quality 4th attacker

2 Likes

There is no downside to signing Maddison.
He’s running down his contract, he’s already a top PL player and apart from Man City, what better club could he go to to further his career?

Think we made our bed with Vieira here. Can’t see us going for Madders now.
Can see Newcastle going big for him again next summer.
I think City could be a good shout too.
Chelsea to naturally slot into the the race again and start a bidding war.

1 Like

I reckon he could play that Xhaka high up CM role also potentially.

I’m excited and my body is ready for a title challenge.

Zaha and Tielemans in January. 20m each. Ndicka, Bellingham in the summer (free and 80m). Patino, Balogun and Norton Cuffy loaned in the Prem.

I want him here, but not sure about Madisson defensively.

1 Like

Said for a while I think our #1 priority is/should be a Partey backup/replacement
My targets would be:

Likely unobtainable
SMS - but… contract expires in 18m…
Barella

Possibly expensive/difficult
Kessie - moved down from unobtainable given Barca struggles
Goretzka - heard before he wasn’t doing too well at Bayern
Locatelli
Bennacer
Neves
Mikel Merino
Brozovic

Should be do-able
Ndidi - contract expires in 18m and can see him pushing for a move with Tielemans leaving and Leicester’s struggles
McKennie - sounds like they want rid

Closest direct replacements are probably Barella, Kessie, Ndidi, Merino, rest are in a slightly different mould.

1 Like

Maddison is an excellent suggestion at this point.
His contract situation would give us some leverage as well.

1 Like

I doubt we get a huge saving from Leicester but you never know. Will probably still be a significant outlay, though I wouldn’t be complaining.

That said, Fabio Vieira was supposed to be our Maddison alternative. The dude better perform in the league cup

1 Like

Madisson makes us real title contenders. Partey is such a difficult player to find a back up for because he has so much to his game. An Ndidi is a wall but limited on the ball. Kessie and Goretzka are nowhere near as defensively sound but good players.

I’d be tempted to roll with El Nenny and bolster that attack with match winners.

Any two of Maddison, Tielemans, Zaha, Mudryk, Raphinha, Torres, Lemar, Felix, N Savic and I’d be over the moon.

1 Like

I’d avoid if I’m honest. Like the player but in no way does he provide even an iota of what Partey does. He’d probably do okay in the Xhaka crashing the box role but I just can’t really see it.

1 Like

We could get Maddison and Tielemans for nothing after they run down their contracts and have two top quality PL proven players in positions that need strengthening and only have to pay their wages.

1 Like

And so could other teams though.

1 Like

We need the depth this season. Maddison isn’t free in the summer either.

3 Likes

Is Lemar actually good?

Right about now, I’m 50/50

5 Likes

Technically brilliant. I think he’s better than Odegaard and more dynamic. Able to play wide as well.