Transfer Wishlist

I voted Rice. Proven in this league, and would succeed Partey. I believe Patino will eventually succeed Xhaka.

2 Likes

Rice is very good but in terms of what Partey brings he canā€™t replicate it, I disagree that heā€™s quality on the ball also. He can carry it well enough but he isnā€™t a baller with the ball at his feet.

Bellingham is clearly a prodigious talent and is showing much more than Rice at the same age, he has a higher ceiling IMO especially with regard to attacking. Iā€™d rather him playing in our formation in the place of Xhaka over Rice

5 Likes

I think Rice can do what Partey does to be honest and until a month ago, Iā€™d say heā€™s much more able in an attacking sense, but gard to say that now Partey is slapping them in from 25 yards!

City or Chelsea surely beckon for Rice. Think Liverpool were a realistic destination for Rice or Bellingham but reckon they are becoming a less exciting prospect by the week and their wage structure isnā€™t as high as others.

Both are going to cost 90m plus so how could it happen? Sell Bambi and AMN. Chuck Pepe, Nelson and Tavares in there as well.

Put them on 200k a week.

Rice or Bellingham plus an elite attacker puts us in contention to challenge City.

As soon as this is a wishlist, Iā€™d empty the clip on Rice (or Bellingham), get Zaha on a free and bring in Nā€™Dicka on a free also. Clear out five or six players and see how Patino, Norton Cuffy, Balogun and Marquinos develop to decide whether they need a loan or a squad space.

Ramsdale, Turner

White, Tomiyasu, Norton Cuffy
Saliba, White, Rice, Tomi
Gabriel, Ndicka, White, Tierney
Zinchenko, Tierney, Tomiyasu

Partey, Rice, El Nenny
Rice, Xhaka, Vieira, Patino
Odegaard, Vieira, ESR

Saka, ESR, Vieira, Jesus
Zaha, Martinelli, ESR, Jesus
Jesus, Eddie, Martinelli, Balogun

Press ā€˜show voteā€™ and change your vote to the correct answer which is obviously Rice

1 Like

Felix for sure. Atleti just doesnā€™t suit him at all. Magnificent footballer in a shit system. He would flourish anywhere with a better attack ethos.

1 Like

Heā€™s a second striker though. Donā€™t know weā€™d play 4-4-Fucking-2 very much unless Arteta leaves for Barcelona and we hire Dyche.

The only way would be if Odegaard played as an eight.

As much as I love Felix, not sure Iā€™d damage our midfield balance to get him in.

1 Like

Iā€™d take Rodrigo De Paul. Havenā€™t watched a lot of him since he joined Atleti and tbh not sure heā€™s great for our style of play, I just like him.

1 Like

If Atletico had a sale there are a few interesting players: Felix, Kondogbia, Lemar and Giminez.

I wanted Felix a lot pre Jesus and think he is a special talent. I wonder where he does go after Atletico? United? Chelsea? City? AC? Bayern? Even PSG.

Kondogbia was there replacement for Partey, wasnā€™t he? Would be quite funny if he ends up joining the player he replaced.

2 Likes

Gotta go with JDā€¦ you got Beatles and AC/DC right in the nameā€¦ game auvoire.

1 Like

I would be hesitant going for Felix now.
I donā€™t get the vibe theyā€™ll offer us a cut-price for him.
So youā€™re paying big bucks for a guy that hasnā€™t set the world on fire for a while now.

You can blame it all on Atleti but weā€™ve seen forwards shine at Atleti before. Felix ainā€™t doing anything special with the Portuguese national team either. Frankly, beā€™s shitting the bed there too.
Weā€™re probably talking about 60+m on a transfer fee for him and 150+pw on wages for a gamble here.

2 Likes

Gamble the fuck out of it. We paid 31n for Vieira and Felix is twice the player.

Doubt heā€™s going to come here to rotate with Jesus though, nor is Jesus going to want to be used as a wide player from time to time.

-----------Partey
------------------------------Odegard
ā€“Saka-----------Felix-----------Martinelliā€“
--------------------------Jesus

Is the only way this works but weā€™d probably have to play 4 cbs. Yes, this isnā€™t happening.

Felix will succeed at his next club.

I know I keep going on about him but, Maddison anyone?

Another couple of assists against Everton.

1 Like

Iā€™d love him. Wanted him instead of Odegaard and wanted him instead on Vieira.

Not sure we can find space for him now though unless we play him in the ten and push Odegaard back. Maddison is good enough to be in the squad for any team in this country.

1 Like

@Castiel sitting up in OA heaven right now looking down on us with a smile remembering how long heā€™s been beating the Maddison drum.

6 Likes

Imagine being that good at a club like Leicester and how good he would be for us.

1 Like

We win the league if we sign him. Let me put my neck on the line

3 Likes