Thomas Partey (5)

If he really couldn’t play anymore… coming out or staying in did not matter at all.
Done is done, IMO

Didn’t someone post about how Partey never got injured at atletico?

That Albanian black magic is so potent and strong. Respects.

1 Like

His last 3 seasons at Atletico saw him play 33, 32 & 35 league games.

2 Likes

Arsenal awaits Thomas Barty MRI results. At some point today, we’ll learn more about the nature of the injury and the estimated time period to be out of action when the results emerge.

AFCbell :arrow_down:

How irresponsible of Arteta to throw him in prematurely to save his skin.

1 Like

It’s also ridiculous given what happened the week before with David Luiz on a matter way more serious (concussions).

2 Likes

True.

I’m also shocked that there isn’t an able Arsenal player pleading, chomping at the bit to want to play for Arsenal against Spurs.

Should have had someone in place of Partey from the start, throwing himself about the pitch.

2 Likes

He has a medical coaching team to consult with aswell as Partey himself who was apparently itching to be involved.

If the player and medical staff say its ok, why would Arteta turn down the chance? He also doesn’t have years of managerial instinct to decide otherwise. At kick off the fans were excited too to see his name. Hindsight is fantastic though.

1 Like

I appreciate your counterpoints for Arteta but your post here is a massive stretch.

Clear as day Partey was not match fit yet having only one training session before the game. It is very common for players to be deemed healthy to play by medical staff but lacking in fitness/match sharpness to start. That decision is on the manager.

Similar to Luiz, intentions of the player is meaningless in determining whether they should start games or be subbed off in light of legitimate health concerns. You don’t need years of “managerial instinct” to determine that. The decision to start him stank of desperation and a lot of Arsenal fans were apprehensive considering our history

I would have hope Arteta would see the larger picture of the entire season rather than just one game. We now face the possibility of losing out best CM for an extended period whilst aggravating a muscle injury

2 Likes

Actually, you said it.

He is inexperienced.

I don’t see any new idea or courageous move by a raw and fresh manager, but the weaknesses as a novice are all exposed.

He said he wasn’t afraid to get fired.
In fact, he was scared.
His tactics are way more passive and conservative than the old man Wenger.

2 Likes

Even if you don’t have years of managerial experience, I imagine 20 years working in the professional game gives you plenty of knowledge about things that happen in football, like the idea a player might exaggerate their fitness to make their first derby.

Even if he’s never done this himself it’s surely come up with his teammates and working with Pep for 3 years.

7 Likes

I would say, Arteta did know about that, but he had to risk it.
The NLD was so important for him.

3 Likes

Arteta had to risk it because he’s been failing to get a result in his last few matches, keeps picking players we all know are toast and painted himself into a corner. Let’s not pretend he “had” to risk it because Spurs are such a big opponent. This was a decision he made to save his own ass due to prior mistakes.

6 Likes

Yep. If we’d been playing West Brom he’d have played him.

Maybe he did learn quite a bit from Guardiola.

1 Like

This is his biggest problem, he has no experience.
But he has been a player in the PL and was often injured himself so he should have some idea of how these things work.

1 Like

That’s a very good point mate. Let’s hope it’s not serious and he isn’t out for too long. It’s annoying how every season for the longest time, we haven’t been able to field a full strength team, there is also one or two players missing. Partey is better than every midfielder in our team and it would be a real shame for us if he were out for a long time.

1 Like

A source familiar with the MRI scan of Thomas Barty tells #Bell_Arsenal that the club and the player’s camp feared the worst, and although the results showed a localized injury, it was better than what was initially feared.
The player will undergo a rigorous hospitalization program and will be evaluated daily. No specific date yet for his return.

Still no update on his injury. Surely will be out for weeks. Club would have tried to stir up some positivity by announcing that it was a minor injury.

I’m guessing we won’t see him again until February.

1 Like