Thomas Partey (5)

The more and more games we play it’s evident that a more creative player wouldn’t have a great deal of impact either or at least not as much as you’d think, Arteta would suck the life out of them too.

Partey is exactly what we needed even if its for the next managers benefit.

1 Like

I agree with this but still think it would help more.

Klopp would go nowhere with Saka and Willian on the wings either.

As we say in the victorian mid-Atlantic he hath shiteth the bed.

2 Likes

Felt he was at fault for both goals yesterday. He made a feeble challenge on Kane for the first goal where he could have easily won the ball back and should have sat on the floor rather than running away for the second.
Having said that, he was probably injured from the start and soldiered on. Not his fault that he was in from the start when he wasn’t fully fit.

2 Likes

How would that have made any difference, wasn’t a head injury so they wouldn’t have stopped the game

2 Likes

Still think it’s bad form to just walk off the pitch though. How often do players just do that? Decide they’re taking themselves off?

I know it’s not his fault that he was rushed back and I totally get the frustration, but I didn’t like seeing him just walk off.

He could have just stood there so not to leave an obvious gap, or he should have just gone to ground. Yeah play probably would have continued around him, but you never know. The ref might have made the wrong decision and blew up or a Spurs player may have had an aneurysm and kicked the ball out in the spirit of fair play.

Either way, I think walking off is the worst option and if Xhaka did that, fans would be going mental about it.

9 Likes

Spot on.

Correct it was the last thing he should have done, if you aren’t healthy enough to run and make any sort of contest you then lay on the ground and hope for sportsmanlike play.

2 Likes

I agree with this.
There are different ways to diminish the number of goals conceded, but you need to score goals to get the points and win.
Our biggest problem right now is, not scoring enough.

I remember Poldi once pulled his hamstring, and still able to walk back to the bench (not directly from open play)… then found out, this was almost a career ending injury.
You could walk it off, doesn’t mean the injury is not serious.
At that moment, probably Partey had already known he is done, and want to get the subs on ASAP.
Not so good timing, but I won’t blame him.

Couldn’t have said it better Pheebs. Not sure why such an experienced player and a guy who played for one of the great shithousers in the game would not know what to do.

2 Likes

Dreading the injury update that will drop in the next few days.

I’m guessing he’s out for minimum 2 months

1 Like

I’d venture a guess and say because he has no respect at all for Arteta

1 Like

Idk that I would at this point either. Dude gambled with his fitness and lost big style. He’s basically wasted an entire season of this guy in his prime because he wanted to avoid our shitty midfield options and still started the worst midfielder we have alongside him.

You can’t get the sub on to the passage of play has ended though, not like he walks off and someone comes straight on.

Circles close to the event attribute the injury of Thomas Barty in the same previous position to misfortune. The player was not complaining of any pain and the medical team was keen to follow the protocol carefully to prevent the occurrence of unfortunate consequences, but God forbid and what He wanted to do. The player will soon undergo a resonance scan.

Wtf is up with Arsenal’s medical program? We’ve had chronic injury problems for almost 15 years now. Everyone from RVP to Cazorla to Rosicky to Diaby to Wilshere and on and on have had crippling long term injuries at some point in their Arsenal career.

3 Likes

It’s because of Wenger who is not making sure the training sessions are optimised enough to make players less prone to injuries.

God willing the resonance scan goes well and Thomsonite Bartender returns to our team quickly

12 Likes

Other wise he’s Tomiss thepartey

6 Likes

This is your brain on @DavidHillier

:poldi:

2 Likes