Thomas Partey (5)

“Keeps the ball ticking”

1 Like

“Trying to walk the ball in”

I’ll ask for a third time, is he better than Rodri then?

Rodri is incredible, but I would not swap him for Partey.

Partey’s directness is perfect for our system. Rodri’s more conservative ball retention / recycling is perfect for Pep.

I don’t think either manager swaps their 6 for anybody else in the world. They’re each tailor made to smash it in their respective systems.

5 Likes

“Kicking the ball into the opposition goal”

“Change and progress is bad, I miss asbestos in buildings”

3 Likes

“Melody itni chocolaty kyun hai?”

1 Like

Ronald Reagan is that you?

Slide rule pass

The greatest football cliche…

Day in, day out.

Rolls Royce!! That’s what this guy is. Smooth, easy, effortless, powerful. Awesome!!

3 Likes

I prefer the way that Partey plays but Rodri is still number one for me. His positioning and passing is unreal.

1 Like

Yeah, I hate this one

False 9 and DM are two which reek. Think I even use false 9 from time to time. DM? Smells the most.

How are we meant to talk about football on this forum without all of these clichés? :pires2:

It’s a game of two halves to be fair.

1 Like

Lol whats wrong with DM?

1 Like

It’s lazy. For a long time it was code for black, African cm. Now I think it means a midfielder that is good at tacking. Kante, Rice, Busquets are probably all seen as DMs despite all having hugely different games. Gattuso was often described as the DM in that great Milan team despite the fact that he operated higher up the pitch than Pirlo. That would be fine if it was clear what a DM actually is.

It’s a Champ Manager creation.

Just look at Partey. Think he’s described as DM by a lot (not just on here). It makes a bit more sense at Arsenal. His role was completely different at Atletico often when he played in midfield. Still referred to as a DM.

It’s just a term used to refer to the more defensive player in a midfield. You could make the same points you did about any position. Wout Weghorst is a different player to Gabriel Jesus, both are still strikers. Nothing really wrong with using the general term even if two specific players might play a bit differently.