Thomas Partey (5)

The term striker makes sense: it is the central/focal point of the attack. Klinsmann is a striker, so is Gabby Jesus. Football has just changed.

Partey and Rodri both played in midfield for Atletico. So both are the most defensive of the midfielders? The term makes no effing sense to me.

This thread has become unhinged

1 Like

The Kante shout is particularly annoying. If him and Jorginho play in midfield, Kante will automatically be seen as the DM despite the fact the occupies more attacking positions on the pitch.

Wonā€™t be changed on it. The term DM reeks.

But if it makes people comfortable, Partey is a top 4 DM in the league with Rodri, Casimero and KDB.

On another note, Iā€™d like for him AND Jorginho to start today.

So surely the term DM makes sense too? Itā€™s a player who performs some defensive stuff as part of their game and who usually plays around the middle of the pitch. Some might do more than others just like some strikers do different things to others. Weghorst probably plays with his back to goal more whereas Jesus probably runs ar defenders more. Both still strikers.

Iā€™d understand your argument if you were talking about left 8s or something like that but DM as a term isnā€™t that ridiculous.

Your argument is basically that how players play varies yet you donā€™t use that same logic for a different position despite it being quite easy to make the same argument as I have demonstrated above. Jesus plays differently to Weghorst is the same point youre making re the DMs you mentioned.

And yes a team can play with 2 guys who are more defensive minded in midfield. And maybe sometimes one of them plays less defensively. As I said, itā€™s a general term, just like striker is.

Just seems like an odd thing to have an issue with.

There was a time when 30 new posts in this thread would give me stage 4 testicular cancer.

With Jorgi boy in the squad, Iā€™ll just enjoy whatever shite people are posting in here

5 Likes

66 unreads, is the guy in a cell or is it the usual flapping?

I still donā€™t understand what a DM is but thank you for trying. Iā€™m guessing that Vieira and Cesc were both DMs at some stage here. Maybe Santi and Wilshere were as well? Arteta a DM, DLP, a MP3 or ABC?

Iā€™ve always understood what a striker is so fuck knows what the striker deep dive was for.

You can skip all of it. Literally all of it lol

5 Likes

Wouldnā€™t play 2 DMs against Bournemouth myself.

3 Likes

Sorry about your testes

8 Likes

Top performance from the big man once again.

6 Likes

Wasnā€™t great for Bournemouthā€™s second goal but then went on to produce a monstrous display.

5 Likes

Some of his are so accurate and perfectly weighted and he does in such a nonchalant way it looks like a video game. Insane baller.
Deserves blame for the second but he immediately made it up and stopped countless of counters from Bournemouth.

2 Likes

A fucking monster. He is so strong physically. Delighted heā€™s ours.

3 Likes

Yes, it looks like what he does is ā€œeffortlessā€ out there. The great ones have that ability to make the difficult routine.

Seems like he flipped the switch into beast mode after going down 0-2.

He fucked up giving a careless free kick away and poor making on the corner that lead to the 2nd goalā€¦

But fuck last 30 mins he was relentless driving us forward with ball progression.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Heā€™s been the best midfielder in the league for me. Anyone who has actually watched him knows it.

Have lost count how many times Iā€™ve watched a game with someone who doesnā€™t often watch Arsenal games in full and theyā€™re blown away by how good Partey actually is. You really have to watch him outside of highlights to understand what he actually brings.

I say this as a massive Casemiro fan, Partey is on a whole different level. Itā€™s not even close for me. And this season he has simply been clear of Rodri too.

4 Likes