Thomas Partey (5)

Originally scheduled from 10 July to 1 August 2022 (2022 African Nations Championship - Wikipedia) CAF rescheduled the tournament to January 2023 following an announcement at an executive committee meeting held on 10 September 2020 via video conferencing, citing the postponement of the 2020 African Nations Championship to 2021 and the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations to 2022 due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Africa as well as the already-scheduled 2022 FIFA World Cup in November–December 2022

January 2024

Next AFCON is 2024.

Lol

This is a different tournament mate. This is one for players playing locally.

2 Likes

Reddit are absolutely RAGING that he scored for us lol They’re calling people rape apologists for saying to reserve judgement until the investigation is over, mentalists.

Really hope he isn’t found guilty and that this is all just some instagram drama madness.

2 Likes

I hope he just stays fit and finally claims his place as the best midfielder in the league this season.

2 Likes

I’m just so glad those that wanted him stood down from all duties for the duration of the investigation didn’t get their way.

Main Ghanaian.

1 Like

He’s our best and most important player. We’re a different team with him on the pitch. We wouldn’t have lost at Old Trafford with him there.

6 Likes

Yeah it’s not the same as the Greenwood case where there was actual audio and cold hard evidence of the crime even though rival fans would have you believe it’s the same.

2 Likes

I honestly can’t put into words how good he is on and off the ball. He never looks rushed or panicked and you can always see him look for the best possible forward pass. He’s not afraid to pass between the lines or spread the ball out side.

He’s just a world class midfielder and our season hinges on his ability to stay fit if you ask me. Everyone around him is improved when he plays.

8 Likes

This is the thing that stands out the most for me - he never seems panicked or in a rush.

4 Likes

He is the best defensive midfielder in the world

1 Like

Easy tiger! For the next 72 hours, after that goal and performance, I’m happy to back it.

Name a better one. I’ll wait

1 Like

Tchouameni

Nah Partey’s better

1 Like

Still Rodri for me, Partey has to perform like this for the entire season starting 28 plus games before he can take the crown.

7 Likes

Exactly. IF he can stay fit, and perform like this all season, then he’s right up there.

1 Like