Thomas Partey (5)

wait wait guys, how do we actually know it is him yet…it very could be but there is a chance it could be someone else. Might seem unlikely but until the person is named no one can be 100% sure.

But who’s confirmed it is actually him being accused, pure speculation at this stage, so I don’t know why we’re even talking about it

Where are we getting the info about it being three separate accusations from?

1 Like

He has subsequently been released on bail to a date in August. Enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing

Are any reports saying the player in question was a resident of Barnet? Or like the BBC one Josh just linked, do they say the person was arrested at an address in Barnet? This is almost certainly clutching at straws, but could be the case that it isnt necessarily a player that lives there and therefore will play for either us or Spurs.

I.e. a PL player who lives there? That’s what I was thinking first. Doesn’t limit it to Spurs and Arsenal that way.

It’s a nice part of the world to live. I can see a player for a northern club having a residence there.

Yep. The Sun’s report said the player was arrested in his mansion at an address in Barnet while asleep at 3AM.

1 Like

Need a fucking CM asap. Partey is done. What a stupid fucking cunt.

2 Likes

Tielemans waiting in the wings desperate to join Arsenal. Should probably secure that move quickly. We shoulda upgraded on Xhaka last season so this might not have been as big a blow but whatever milk is spilled at this point. We have good wingers need to forget about wingers like Raphinha and put that effort into strengthening the midfield.

7 Likes

Should be Tielemans + another midfielder.

3 Likes

And another striker.

Got rid of 2 in the last 8 months. Only replaced our squad with one.

1 Like

Good thing we at least renewed Elneny, otherwise we would be needing 3 new midfielders

1 Like

Gonna be Jesus, Nketiah, ESR and Martinelli up top I’m afraid.

I have enough trust in the first two. And I do think Martinelli will continue improving.
The big worry is ESR.

Do any 29 year old Scum players live in Barnet? Or West Ham (clutching here)?

Its Partey. We just have to deal with it an move quick for 2 CMs. Hopefully its false accusations.

Have to take my Arsenal shirt off here and look at the legalities.

1. No one is guilty of anything until they either plead guilty or is proven to be found guilty.
  2. An employer can’t sack an employee on the basis that they’re under criminal investigation.
  3. However, in my opinion, the only sensitive way of dealing with this is for him to be suspended (by the club) which would have to be on his standard salary. Or seek to mutually cancel that contract.

Very, very sad. Awful for the victim.

1 Like

Errr… Saka?

He’s talking CF order only

1 Like

Ah OK, don’t see why it would be anyone other than Jesus or Nketiah tbh, but I’d put Martinelli above ESR up front