Things you love

I remember when Waitrose was doing something called Baby Butter Bum Cream and all the women were going mad for it seeing as it did a job on wrinkles lol

Why on Earth do you remember that?

3 Likes

That’s not really helpful due to my aforementioned ignorance of the overall picture tbh. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, I think it still retains some sense of that kind of ownership structure. So coupled with the fair-trade stuff it has that kind of left wing, middle class ethical vibe in some people’s eyes. And I think this is also what makes it a bit more expensive than Tesco et al. Not necessarily stating that I think it’s hugely middle class, but I’ve seen it said or alluded to.

Maybe because I’ve always lived in quite working class areas, and near co-ops, the customers have mostly seemed like working class people using it for convenience, not middle class people dropping two hundred quid on a weekly shop.

@shamrockgooner good point haha

2 Likes

Haha fair enough shamrock, everyone that knows usually judges me as its seen as expensive but I argue against that, it doesnt tend to stock so much shit it’s a pretty simplistic shop haha

The meat isnt watery like Tesco and sainsburys and doesnt leak half a tonne of grease like aldi or lidl

1 Like

I’m that old man in a pub now. I just ramble and hope someone listens to what I say.

If you @ me I will read your post. That’s a shammy guarantee.

Same, this is what I always thought it was.

Co-op is weird, some of them are really nice and some of them are really shit.

I feel like they exist outside of the normal supermarket class system.

4 Likes

They do a great Chimichurri Chicken Flatbread too

1 Like

Dont try and blend in with us common folk.

We know where you shop.

8 Likes

When I lived in Bath, we had a Lidl just down the road from us and we did ALL of our shopping there. They had some sick deals on the same brand of Gresshingham duck breast that Waitrose carry pretty much every week, it was awesome.

I actually picked up one of those weird pregnancy leg pillow things that I still sleep with to this day to help align my spine when I sleep on my side, down the “Stuff You Never Knew You Needed But It’s So Cheap You May As Well Buy It” aisle.

You don’t know me.

10 Likes

Heaven.

Lidl and Greggs are next.

3 Likes

They really are the FINEST but any more than about 2 at once and you’re in deep trouble I find :grimacing:

They’re finished already lol :pensive:

1 Like

You’re bang on m8 Lidl cookies are quality I just had a white choc one.

1 Like

I love dark chocolate Digestives. Tough to get here. Just had to make do with biscotti instead. :santi:

Incredible. I had a cheat meal yesterday, which was meant to be pancakes, burger and cheesy fries. It ended up being 10 cookies from LIDL and a cherry custard lattice.

4 Likes

Does anyone else love the Choco Leibniz biscuits you can get in pretty much every supermarket?

They’re so fucking moreish, a lot like heroin.

7 Likes

Mine was a large ‘The Works’ Papa John’s pizza with hot dog cheese rolls and buffalo wings.:drooling_face: Feel so heavy today lol

3 Likes