Things you love

Sorry for responding late, I was already in bed last night when I saw your question.

I was reading this guy - Michael Shellenberger

This is also a TED talk, it’s the same like the article

Forbes articles

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshellenberger/#4123ad58b1b8

They kill wildlife and apparently they drive some species to extinction. Also, the lifespan of solar panels seems to be 20-30 years and there is no recycle policy and in all likelihood they will just be dumped in some 3rd world country.

3 Likes

PUMA :put_litter_in_its_place:

Top notch customer service. Can’t beat it.

Just went to a Tibetan restaurant and the customer service was one of the best ever I’ve ever had.

It’s all too often you get shitty customer service where the waitress/waiter only makes it too obvious they don’t give a shit and can’t wait to see the back of their shift.

A warm welcome from staff, friendly chat when being served and then being stopped on our way out by the manager to shake my hand on my way out just because we had a couple things in common (Arsenal). It all really does make all the difference, because I’ll certainly go back and strongly recommend them.

I come from a family where my uncle owns a restaurant and in my younger days I did shifts to help out. I only know what a pain customers can be. Not easy at all!

2 Likes

Someones doing well :wink:

I would find that annoying, would do my head in

2 Likes

You guys like that?
It’s so obviously or seems pretentious to me because either they want to get a good tip or just want to score the browny customer service points.

I don’t mind good old robotic, get in, server takes order, serves and we pay & fuck off. None of that tipping bullshit.

2 Likes

If I bother my arse going to a restaurant absolutely. If I want the other experience you describe I’ll go to burger King (which I often do). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah @shamrockgooner hit the nail on the head for me too

It’s a pretty big thing for me, just because I find it quite rare these days to get good customer service. If I’m paying up and making the effort to make an evening of it, I find these days you tend to hope for it rather than expect it.

As someone who has worked in quite a few customer service type roles, being friendly and making an effort with customers was never a false thing I did merely because it was expected of me. The highlight of the job was the little moments of nice interaction that I’d have with customers, a nice little chat and bit of friendliness from a customer genuinely made my day. I worked in Banana Republic and I wasn’t friendly because I thought it would make a customer return or add an extra pair of chinos to their basket, I couldn’t have given less of a fuck about that. That would just be a by product of me trying to treat other humans pleasantly.

So I wouldn’t assume that people serving you are being false when making an effort, many will be doing it because it makes them happy and they think it’ll make you happy. When you are nice back to them and engage them in a little conversation, there’s a good chance you’re making their day better than it otherwise would have been.

4 Likes

Fried chicken and chips. Its my go to cheat meal. Its so cheap and bad for you but I loves it.

7 Likes

When you get the unlucky sods extra bar of chocolate with your own on the vending machine.

1 Like

Nothing better. I envy you Londoners with your chicken shop choices

We got nothing on yous in comparison.

1 Like

I don’t like the staff that hassle you as soon as you walk into a shop, mainly talking about the shop called game

I don’t get why going out for an evening would be spoiled by a mundane customer service.
It’s the food and company that should make or break your night.

Never said it would be ruined though.

Smell of first rain

Bliss

5 Likes

London has some of the dirtiest chicken joints, does cottage chicken still exist ?

Where abouts do you live @Electrifying?

1 Like

Glasgow M8

We got Raja’s and Pepe’s and that’s basically it. Also chunky chicken

2 Likes

You live on the m8?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Meat is murder.