Thierry Henry

I loved me some Pepe dude was crazy but controlled

There was a game where he gave a late penalty and he was so furious he kicked the guy afterwards while he was none the floor. I think we were either trailing a goal or were level. They missed the pen I believe and then we went on to win the match as well.

Found it:

What a fucking match. Higuain was so fucking good.

Varane is a better defender than Ramos? You’re actually taking the piss now surely.

We’ve had this discussion before btw. :rofl:

Pepe was great.

I have softened my stance on Ramos.

If we look at attackers now compared to before, the game is easier for them.

And is conversely more difficult for defenders.

They have to be good at defending but also mobile, skilful and good passers of the ball to a much higher extent than before.

With the high lines played nowadays. No wonder their longevity is by and large shit

Defenders today should get more rope compared to those of the past and somebody who has been as accomplished for as long as Ramos was, deserves some credit.

3 Likes

You softened your stance o Ramos, eh?
So you didn’t rate him then? See, I knew we would find something to bond over again.
Been some time since Ode was our boy. :cry:

Thierry has also become a shareholder of Como.

Just catching up with this thread. @GC-Maniac is such a maverick with his takes :sweat_smile: In no world is Varane better than Ramos.

Happy Birthday :crown:

5 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

FU6XqeSXoAALbp5

5 Likes

He wasn’t he was above his level :arteta2:

5 Likes

I reckon at the 18-19 this was absolutely true. Anelka was probably the biggest attacking talent at the time in French football but clearly wasn’t the case after about 22ish when Anelka stagnated and Henry just kept growing and growing

1 Like

Unfortunately for him, Eto’o is saying this in 2022, and not about 25 years ago :grin:

3 Likes

Feel like he must have some type of dislike of Henry to not only be saying Anelka was better than him but also that he wasn’t at Eto’o level lol

Neither statement is even remotely close to being true and accurate

4 Likes

There must of been something between them at Barca

Thierry only gets rated by those in the Premier League. Zidane ranks Benzema as the best French footballer ever. Eto’o rates himself and Anelka above Henry. I think they view Thierry as a pace and power merchant.

Henry has always said Anelka was ahead of him talent wise.

3 Likes

Premier League football(ers) from that time aren’t rated at the best/greatest of that time I feel like anyway. As his former teammember who knows that kind of bias Eto’o has for Anelka anyway.

You could argue Benzema > Henry ;).