Thierry Henry

Hahaha this list sounds like an absolute mess apart from Henry’s position.

3 Likes

Didn’t apply himself enough to make a top twenty cut imo. Outrageously talented by didn’t seem to push himself enough, he should have achieved so much more and for me needed to for a top 20 spot.

2 Likes

Be interesting knowing how Zola ranked. One of the first greats of the PL era for me.

3 Likes

@Phoebica stop dragging it out and just transcribe the entire list. Thank you.

2 Likes

Yes, great shout, can’t believe nobody has asked yet. Sorry to impose again @Phoebica… haha

I’m gonna guess 12

Incredible player.

He also appeared in Renford Rejects alongside Martin Keown.

1 Like

He’s one of them that doesn’t get shown because it’s before Chelsea win big.
I’d guess he’s down in the 20s because of it.

2 Likes

That is true, but I feel like he was just such a world class talent to not include him nearer the top is a failing. Definitely deserves to be Top 50 at the least. Guy was absolutely incredible, just lacked the work ethic which is obviously a criteria - but still.

Nah way out. Zola was 30.

@shamrockgooner I’d take a picture if they had kindly listed them on one page. But it’s a massive feature. Some players get 3/4 pages each.

3 Likes

He was never on the winning side against us in the league, either.

That’s another plus for Gianfranco :blush:

2 Likes

Yes. A series of pictures. That will do. Thank you. :grin:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Is it? I don’t think it’s that clear cut, whose above who, but there is definitely an argument to make of him above those guys. Rooney has probably become the most underrated top player of that era. Not sure he’s supposed to be a 4th though…

2 Likes

They played him as a left wing back. Imagine how stupid they must have felt afterwards.

1 Like

Rooney was a top player but I don’t think he was ever as devastating a player as Suarez, RVP or Aguero. That stats for the most part back it up

You could point to Rooney having more longevity in the PL than RVP/Suarez but not Aguero.

1 Like

:grin:

12 Likes

If Rooney wasn’t such a fantastic all rounder he would’ve been put upfront and would’ve banged in the goals like he did in the 2(?) Seasons he was given that role. 2 28 ish goal seasons

Can’t describe how much I miss him after seeing this video. The best Henry video I’ve seen in a while…

Those runs… Those fucking runs… :sob:
I’m not sure whether he’s the fastest player I’ve seen (quite possibly), but he’s the definitely the most efficient player I’ve seen at utilizing that pace.

12 Likes

I’d say R9 is the fastest with the ball that I’ve ever seen but Henry was as good as anyone not named R9 at utilising his pace.

5 Likes

Prime Henry was better than the R9 post R9s injuries. R9 had way better close control and dribbling but Henry was more consistent, faster and better stamina during the period they were both top talents.

Peak R9 is probably better but it isn’t far off at all.

2 Likes