Thierry Henry

Aguero surely should make this as well. I mean Shearer is a class act but he’s banging a shed load of goals for Blackburn and Newcastle.
Won a title but he’s not scoring big meaningful goals like some players on their.
Guess it depends what the criteria is as he’s obviously a top talent.

2 Likes

Suarez is 35

And @Stroller Aguero is the highest “current” PL player at 16. Salah is at 18. KDB is 22.

2 Likes

Definitely.

Aguero should top the list in my opinion.

1 Like

Thanks
You do know this is going to be like when you posted the supermarkets mock up kits. You’ll be inundated with players names now.

Haha well before anyone asks, Steve McManaman is at number 89. I know you’re all desperate to know.

2 Likes

Not over Henry he is just Class Personified !!

1 Like

Tu rhendhe :joy::joy:

1 Like

:rofl::skull:

1 Like

Wheres Wright, Fabregas, RVP, Beckham and Keane.

In the 90s and early 00s I always thought Beckham and Keane were more influential to United than Giggs and Beckham. I reckon they’re getting longevity awards.

Also Rooney above Aguero, Suarez and RVP is utter bullshit

1 Like

You started so well…:pensive:

Joking aside, mate, Wright should definitely be up there. Carried us through some very poor PL seasons.

Probably gets discounted as a big part of his story is not PL.
Like everything these compilation lists are about espousing the greatness of the PL brand.
We bang on about Shearer 240 goals as if it’s an all time record.
Jimmy Greaves 400 odd never gets a look in. Just brand promoting.

1 Like

Keane = 11
Beckham = 26
RVP = 33
Fabregas = 36
Wright = 40

Just realised that neither Özil or Sanchez (nor Eriksen @Cristo ) made the top 100, but there are some shockers in, who I can only assume made it through longevity rather than talent.

2 Likes

To think Bruce Rioch kept telling him John McGinlay was a better player :joy::joy:

Thanks. Wright shockingly low. What about Matt Lettisier (sp)?

1 Like

Pretty ridiculous that neither of those three made it in.

I’m a big proponent of longevity being an important criteria but they’ve clearly, massively overrated it in this.

In no particular order, you could easily argue this is a better top 10:

Henry
Bergkamp
Shearer
Ronaldo
Salah
KdB
Aguero
Suarez
RvP
RvN/Hazard

Longevity just wouldn’t be as important, which I don’t think it should be in lists like this IMO.

What’s it like being a member of such a cheap forum.:wink:

1 Like

Le Tiss is even lower. 65.

Used to it now, what with The Athletic. Though surely Mr Whole Foods @Cristo could splash out on an issue?

2 Likes

Le Tissier should be top 20. Outrageous.

I can’t remember the last time I bought a magazine tbh, but that cover alone might warrant it.

1 Like

I can’t ever remember him scoring a crap goal lol.

Even his last goal at the Dell was good, but sssshhh, we don’t talk about that.

1 Like

Will write letters to the editor daily until they retract their position. He’s a fraud and I will not stop celebrating my vindication on that point.

2 Likes