Theo Walcott

Not Surprising really as who would really want to add this gutless retard to their ranks ? That coupled with sitting on the bench does not really seem to faze him much at all.

Why the are no comments about him at all? :joy: I didnā€™t watch the game, I want to know anything about his performance, where should I go?! has he played wide or central? anything!

Just way to comfortable at the Hyatt Wenger Hotel.

3 Likes

That makes me more angry. The guy negotiates contracts like a champ but behaves like a loser.

2 Likes

Waiting for the imminent, late transfer surge from West Ham for him.

Canā€™t wait for Wenger to come out and say ā€œwe donā€™t sell to direct rivalsā€ lol.

THIS GUY

Theo Walcott:

ā€œI know where I want to play - I want to make my position on the right; thatā€™s where I am now." #AFC pic.twitter.com/44l27ZlNTJ

ā€” Messi Minutes (@MessiMinutes) August 2, 2016
\

This is actually code for ā€œthere is too much responsibility up front and I suck, so Iā€™ve decided its best if I go back to sucking on the right wing where I can justify doing absolutely fuck all all game slightly more.ā€

1 Like

Or maybe code for ā€˜there is likely to be another striker coming in, i donā€™t fancy the competition for that spot and i have been told i am not good in that position sod off back to the wing or fuck off out of this club. I choose to stay at this club because it is an easy 140k a week which i sure as fuck will not get anywhere else i have been found outā€™

Heā€™s lost all confidence in himself. What happened to the player that was an actual weapon in 12-14.

Great news. Maybe the penny has dropped.

He never really has had what it takes, he has shown glimpses here and there but 10 years he should have progressed by now, he simply does not have what it takes to play for a big club or to be a top footballer he never kicked on and never had the skillset to set himself to be viewed as an elite player.

RVP left. We play a formation which is utterly ridiculous trying to fit Theo into these days. Heā€™s never kept himself fit. He lacks the mental fortitude of a winner. Heā€™s come under greater scrutiny the older heā€™s got. Heā€™s potentially lost a little fizz post ACL(?).

This combined with the fact he has no footballing ability to withdraw into means heā€™s a lost lamb and its increasingly hard to see how heā€™ll cope. Theos aspirations to be a top footballer over a sustained period are over IMO his best bet is he may have one purple patch season where things fall into place if heā€™s lucky.

2 Likes

[quote]
ā€˜I have been here 10 years,ā€™ said Walcott. 'There is always competition for places. It doesnā€™t matter what club you are at. I always believe that I can get back to where I want to be. Iā€™m sure if I keep working hard then I will get there.

Asked where he sees himself fitting in, Walcott continued: Thatā€™s a question for the manager. I have told the manager that I want to be known for playing on the right again. I can play up front. I want to know where I want to play. The manager has said I can play up front. It depends on what game it is.

ā€˜I know I can do a job up front, as well as on the right. I want to make my position on the right ā€“ thatā€™s where I know where I am now.ā€™[/quote]

Itā€™s taken slightly out of context, but seems to be a bit of a step backward from where he hoped to be last summer.

Canā€™t wait for Theo to take heavy touches leading to off balance crosses out of bounds and goal kicks. Gonna be an exciting season.

2 Likes

Its a pretty weird thing for Theo to say right now unless he is pretty sure that another striker is coming into the club. Because its pretty obvious that his greatest value to the team as currently constructed lies in him being able to play CF, given that we donā€™t have anybody else beyond Giroud other than prospect types like Chuba. Does he really think he is going to beat out Ramsey, Wilshere, Ox, Iwobi, and Campbell at RW?

Giving Walcott that new contract last summer and hoping he could play CF - instead of flogging him off for 20-25M and buying a real striker - will stand as one of the worst decisions of Wengerā€™s tenure.

3 Likes

What happened to wanting to be a striker?

Gunnerpr got it spot on regarding RvP. Theo assisted quite a few for him. Where has that Theo gone?

This is why we need a top striker. It will bring the absolute best out of everyone around him.

1 Like

At least that shows some semblance of self-awareness by acknowledging (indirectly) that his stock has fallen significantly.

Normally youā€™d expect a player on Ā£140k/w (or whatever heā€™s on) to believe he is Godā€™s gift, that he should be our starting CF and the rest of us are irrelevant cunts.

1 Like

Actually that was the one part of that post that was well off, IMO ( @Gunnerpr ). By far Theoā€™s best season was in 12-13, after RvP left, and he played more as a forward and less as a mindless runner and crosser. I couldnā€™t stand 11-12 Theo. He was proper crap most of the time.

You are right, that was his best season, the seasons of endless 4th places merge into one these days. I always remembered a strong link between theo and RVP. If weā€™re being honest though 12/13 wasnt a high class season. It was merely one which excites you as to think how might Theo kick on from here. At the time there was still an abundance of frustration from game to game.

4 Likes

On the whole that was a pretty impressive season statistically. I remember those stat comparisons that were posted showing his statistics similar to those of Baleā€™s. It definitely was a good season and nothing to sniff at. You got the sensation that season, plus for his penchant of scoring in big games, that Theo was actually the sort to step up and take the initiative. Of course thatā€™s not how things have played out. As heā€™s also clearly lost his confidence completely.

1 Like