The weather

Yeah it’s not easy but growing up in it I just think the human body tends to adapt. Though I think I’m fortunate I don’t feel the heat as much as most do.

What made you opt for Canada over Australia ? If you don’t mind me asking.

I cant be entirely sure, but I have a vague feeling that the weather might have had something to do with it. That’s just a guess though.

2 Likes

Hahaha the post sure comes across as that being the explanation.

Manscaping

Didn’t he answer that? :smiley:

EDIT: Ooh, @JakeyBoy beat me again

See I’d take Australia’s weather over anywhere in the world pretty much, but that’s just me, no right or wrong with weather all about personal preference.

I have chosen to go to Europe twice and the USA once in the winter though, everyone is like why would you do that ? I actually wanted to experience some colder weather and snow.

1 Like

Haha Australia doesn’t get a winter does it?

Hahaha not really in the North bud, but in Melbourne and the South we do, winter days are normally like 13-18 degrees I’d say.

1 Like

The problem with Australian is one of the world’s deadliest spiders will climb into your bum at night and bite you and you will die.

Or at least that’s what every British person thinks will happen if they move to Australia.

3 Likes

Hahaha I was on the lookout for snakes on my walk after work today more than normal, this weather has me on high alert. Given we have like 7 of the worlds top 10 deadliest snakes it’s probably good they like to avoid people most of the time.

4 Likes

Yeah -40 over +40 if there’s a choice but here in the Uk we have a newspaper called the Daily Express well known for its “extreme weather” stories and they love a headline about the latest cold snap where the temperature drops below zero overnight in the south

1 Like

Its not the weather that would bother me, its all the spiders and snakes and venomous this and dangerous that and you will die if bitten or twatted by or whatever. Fucking hell it seems like the worst of the worst animals and insects etc all chose Australia.

In all seriousness, how often do you guys come across stuff like the Funnelwebs and Huntsmans and dangerous snakes etc. I think i would shit out my lungs if i found a funnelweb aimlessly running around in my house or backgarden or something. I HATE spiders, i dont mind snakes so much but at the same time i would be scared because i wouldnt be able to identify a dangerous one or not. Have you ever seen a funnelweb? are things like this common sightings?

When we left Britain in 1980 I felt I was stagnating and that things were going downhill. My wife’s brother had already moved here, so we weren’t exactly coming in ‘cold’, so to speak.

:slight_smile: Yeah, our friends in Perth want to come here for some snow and skiing in Jasper - we’re about 4 hrs. away.

1 Like

Funnelwebs I haven’t seen mate as they don’t come as far south as Melbourne for some reason, predominantly in New South Wales, I assume it’s rarely though as I haven’t seen one when I’ve gone to NSW. Most Dangerous spider we have in Melbourne is the Red back but you come across them rarely. Hutsmen spider you see a few a summer, but as big and ugly and they are, they actually aren’t dangerous. Still don’t like the fright they give you tbough :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

As for Snakes you don’t see them to often in surburban living, people in the country see them a lot. Working on the railways I’ve come across them the odd time as they love the feel of the ballast and hiding under sleepers etc. Ultimately snakes try and avoid people though, but if you see one In Australia it’s 95% dangerous, most common are Tiger Snake, Brown Snake & Red Bellied Black Snake.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: Yikes, I’ll stick with bears, cougars and wolves - at least they’re all big enough to see coming, and they all keep themselves well out of the way of humans. Only ever seen a bear once in 40 years.

1 Like

Hahah our temperature didn’t get lower than 31 overnight, going to be 45 today.

Yea. Fuck that.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the killer jellyfish

I read a story this morning about a woman in Brisbane being bitten by a snake while sitting on the toilet :dizzy_face: Are snakes in toilets a common thing? I’m sensing a Snakes On A Plane sequel…

Snakes are beautiful creatures and Australia’s lucky to have them.

Only pussies are scared of snakes. Real talk.

Wrongly demonised in a similar way to great whites etc., a sad state of affairs really

1 Like

Blew my mind when Trion said it a while ago and blew it again just now.

I will never understand snake or spider people. :grimacing: