Unpopular football opinions

I guess a European Super League better happen ASAP while there’s a chance we’ll be included.

Aubameyang > Lewandowski

1 Like

Aubameyang is twice as dangerous as an inside forward in a 3-4-3 than if he played CF in the same formation. Lacazette is the ideal “false 9” type of CF for him to play off in this system (even though there are better versions of that CF out there).

1 Like

Wright >Henry

1 Like

Do you actually believe that? And if so please justify it

As an out an out goal scorer, I do agree with you…Wrighty was born to score goals…As a footballer, then I’m sorry, but it’s no contest…Henry was a class above…

2 Likes

Just the most complete finisher the clubs ever had.
Henry is the more complete player. Plus Wright excelled in a far inferior team, but proved his worth against a lot of top strikers at the time.

I’d kind of go with that to an extent. Remind me of Alan Hanson saying Henry ‘not a striker’. Except he can score goals most strikers can’t

1 Like

The only thing I would argue against this is,…I reckon that the best finisher we ever had was Anelka…He was a complete tool, and such a shame that he did not settle properly at any club, but he was absolutely sublime…I love Wrighty, and I agree that he was a unbelieveable finisher, but in my opinion Anelka would have left untouchable goal figures had he stayed at Arsenal for the same length of time that Henry did…

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree with that.

Anelka was the epitome of clinical. It was just because Michael Owen was emerging at the time that Anelka’s meteoric rise was almost “buried” by the English media.

Such a good player. A shame he played for the shitty clubs he did after he left us.

1 Like

If Wright was through on goal, he’s more likely to score than Henry. Fantastic striker.

(This thread is beginning to sound like I’m tarnishing Henry’s great name now lol)

1 Like

There should be no such thing as a foul throw. If the player is off the pitch who the fuck cares how he takes the throw in. And if he’s on the pitch, just retake it.

Watching two teams face off against eachother, who are both fighting relegation, is almost as exciting as watching two title contenders. Just something about their desperation makes it an exciting spectacle.

3 Likes

Me too

2 Likes

Keylor Navas belongs in any discussion for top 3-5 goalkeeper of his generation for sure.

3 Likes

Even now I’d take him.

I like the playoff structure in MLS.

I like it in the MLS too. Let’s hope it stays there. :ooo:

6 Likes

I actually don’t care about MLS at all… but wanted to give a truly unpopular opinion.

5 Likes

Me neither. It’s all about the Stanley Cup hereabouts.

1 Like