The Conservative Party

The discussion is all moot, with the parliamentary votes staying the same.

I think the party is leaning to a Brexiteer tbh, Boris is whose favoured at the grassroots with JRM wanted for Chancellor.

I’ve seen some have suggested Gove get the nod with a possible deal with Labour in the making

Michael Gove is gonna be the next PM fucking SCENESSSSSSSS

1 Like

Really? Isn’t Gove a Brexiteer? Find this hard to believe.

He comes across as advocating a compromise on brexit tbh. Not quite sure he’d go for a CU though.

Still if it’s someone like him they still have to deal with all the issues May currently has. Would be suicide to be seen to back what Labour want and would likely split the party

1 Like

Gove or Boris??

2 Likes

wtf, didn’t they just have a vote on whether or not to toss her out and failed? :thinking: I’m confused. Will they issue a new vote of no confidence or w/e or how does this proceed? (I read about it but I do not get it).

Kinda like choosing between trump and Clinton :gabriel:

Jesus! A hard-brexiter even worse than May.

I disagree. I was supportive of her on day 1 as I thought she might be the type to get some kind of consensus and represent both sides of the divide.

It was her actions entirely that got us here, by not even entertaining outside opinions and trying to blackmail parliament into her deal by not presenting it until the deadline was close.

Too long she flirted with no deal, trying to win over the wrong types when what she really needed was 50+% of Labour MPs onside. Even with the increased majority she thought she’d get she would never have got this deal through with only her own MPs.

The Brexit PM would never have got any thanks for their efforts, but I don’t think a compromise was impossible. Parliament should have been having the talks it’s had in the last 4 weeks 2 years ago, and MPs (and the rest of us tbh) should have been aware that compromises would need to be made to get a withdrawal agreement with 27 other states agreed by all parties.

New Tory party incoming which will be uglier than the last, which is saying something

There’s a lot of moving parts to the situation tbh, Grieve himself has received alot of support within the party and key Brexiteers. Then there’s this:

Unlike the attention seeking Johnson and Rees Mogg, who are synonymous with Brexit, Gove has stayed in the background as much as he can.

This was a ploy used by former Tory MP’s when they were going for the leadership of the party.
Most notably by Major, who was almost anonymous in the leadership campaign after Thatcher had to resign.

Gove is favourite with the bookies and is as loathsome as Johnson and Rees Mogg but it seems as if he is on course beat the other two, to be the next Tory leader.

Saying that, I predicted, before the American election, that Trump and Johnson would be the leaders of their countries at the same time, and I can still see that happening.

If it does happen, it will prove that, in times of uncertainty and dissatisfaction, if you lie and make false promises, you can win elections.

Ironically, the sort people who are responsible for the uncertainty and dissatisfaction that have made voters angry, are the ones they are voting for.

Posh fat fuck

Bit of a shit result for May and co.

Candidates had to draw lots after a tie in the local elections in North Yorkshire.

Not their day when they’re losing a coin toss :poldi:

Boris Johnson mocked after tweeting he had voted in election - when there weren’t any in London

Ellen Manning

Yahoo News UK3 May 2019

Boris Johnson, Britain's former Foreign Secretary and prominent leave the European Union Brexit campaigner walks away after leaving the Cabinet Office in London, Tuesday, March 19, 2019. Prime Minister Theresa May suffered a setback Monday when former Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson refused to support her Brexit deal. (AP Photo/Matt Dunham)
Boris Johnson had to delete a tweet saying he had just voted in the local elections after Twitter users pointed out there were no elections in London (Picture: AP Photo/Matt Dunham)
More

Boris Johnson has been mocked after tweeting that he had voted in the local elections - despite them not taking place in his London constituency.

The former Mayor of London tweeted: “I just voted Conservative in the local elections. Make sure you do too! You’ve got two hours left to get out and vote!”

Despite being deleted virtually immediately after it was pointed out that there were no elections in London, screengrabs were shared online sparking a series of mocking responses from fellow Twitter users.

Boris Johnson (former mayor and current resident of London) tweeted that he just voted in the local elections.
He deleted when he was informed that there are no local elections in London today.
https://t.co/p8Urwe1mC1pic.twitter.com/nwH3Cj8pmm

— James Felton (@JimMFelton) May 2, 2019

One asked whether Mr Johnson had got his information from “the side of a bus”, while another asked: “Did Gove tell him it was the local elections in London today?”

Maybe someone wrote there was local elections in london on the side of a bus?

— Remoaner Lisa (@Lisamboo) May 2, 2019

Did Gove tell him it was the local elections in London today?

— Simon Bruni (@SimonBruni) May 2, 2019

Others saw the tweet as more sinister, suggesting it was another example of Mr Johnson lying.

Another tweet left live on Mr Johnson’s account urged people to vote Conservative, but again sparked a lively response.

Mr Johnson wrote: “Don’t forget to go out and vote today for the team that delivers the best services for the best value in your community; vote Conservative!”

Don’t forget to go out and vote today for the team that delivers the best services for the best value in your community; vote Conservative!

— Boris Johnson (@BorisJohnson) May 2, 2019

The message sparked anger from some quarters, with Twitter users telling Mr Johnson they wouldn’t vote Conservative despite being lifelong supporters of the party, and some saying they wouldn’t vote with Theresa May at the helm.

1 Like

Alright mate :arteta:

1 Like