U.S. Politics

I completely agree. It appears anti-democratic forces are just as prevalent in the USA as they are in the UK

If he can’t deliver this he weakens the chance for another term because he’s not the outsider who’s going to change everything for the better anymore, he’d just be another lying politician trying to get elected.

I think this shows to his base that he’ll go above and beyond to deliver on what he says, so it’ll only make them love him more.

He was always going to be the president that didn’t play by the normal rules so it’s not surprising, but I hope the floating voters see this for what a pile of shit it is and make sure they don’t get him elected again.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Unfortunately a lot of those floating voters ended up sitting out 2016 or voting for a third party, which in the United States is the same as not voting at all because of our electoral system.

2 Likes

Third Party voting will likely be huge again this time round, right? Was there more a return to form in the recent mid terms?

Nobody knows what’s going to happen. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him get 4 more years to run this country straight into the ground. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see a complete backlash and the Dems take both houses and the white house. So much depends on Millennials and what they’re going to do. And there isn’t enough history or coherence in that generation to be able to predict whether or not they’ll turn up. Everyone thought they would in '16… no show. Then last year they showed up in droves for a midterm, which typically don’t have a high turnout. I hope they show up for '20… we’ll see.

Just a funny observation about outsiders talking about “Muricans”. Many tend to treat the USA as if it was one place. That’s like saying Europe is one place. We are a collection of 50 states, a republic. A Texan and New Yorker are as different from each other as a Parisian and a Dubliner.

Overstating the case somewhat I think.

2 Likes

Definitely overstating it. Made me laugh tho

Yeah indeed, the Dubliner and Parisian will have more in common.

2 Likes

Not their mother tongue though

And waist sizes

Plus Dubliners are sound and Parisians are wankers

1 Like

We’ll show up. Millennials are in their 20s and 30s now. We’ve had an extremely shit deal in terms of an economy, the environment, the whole deal. I’m curious to see how people can combat the pretty obvious efforts at voter suppression in primarily Black or Latino population centers. Some of the shit that went down in Georgia during the gubernatorial election was ridiculous.

1 Like

So, let’s take it a little more close to home for you. Do you think there’s a big difference between Someone from Ediburgh and someone from Southampton?

That’s what you guys should be more pissed off about than any 1 person out of 100,000 going 3rd party imo.

There was barely as much in 2016 compared to 2000 and Nader right?

And even so, the Bush’s stole Florida then and in Virginia, Georgia, Florida and Wisconsin, so much dodgy shit went down.

Thank God that cunt Walker is out, and I feel you guys should do all you can to make sure as much of your people e.g. blacks and Poor’s, homeless etc can actually vote in 2020.

If you sort that, no way Trump wins again.

I was just talking about your chosen example specifically, I understand that theres a wide variety in the States and it isn’t as homogeneous as people often make out. I don’t think I really need you to bring it a little closer to home for me.

1 Like

Just trying to paint a picture for everyone and chose you to respond to. No offense intended.

1 Like

Fair play, sorry if I came across as needlessly arsey.

It’s ok. I still love you.