Transfer Wishlist

It’s all going to depend on how dire the financial situation is with Suning Group. I read that there may be another investor coming in but nothing about them selling. One big name player is going to be sold, probably not at a £15m loss though.

Here’s my wishlist attempt…

IN
Odegaard - £40m (or Season long loan if Real won’t sell)
Buendia - £30m
Aouar - £50m
Bissouma - £20m
Edouard - £20m
Hakim - £40m
Small - FREE

TOTAL - £200m

OUT
Bellerin - £25m
Chambers - £10m
Luiz - End of Contract
Ceballos - End of Loan
Elneny - £10m
Laca - £20m
Nelson - £10m
Kolasinac - £5m
Mavropanos - £5m
Torreira - £15m
AMN - £15m
Willock - £10m
Guendouzi - £15m

TOTAL - £140m
NET SPEND = £60m

Team 2021-22

Auba/Edouard/Nketiah

Saka/Martinelli…Odegaard/ESR…Buendia/Pepe

Aouar/Xhaka…Partey/Bissouma

Tierney/Small…Gabriel/Mari…Saliba/Holding…Hakim/Cedric

Leno/Ryan

lol as if we would do that in 1 window…it takes them all window to get 2 players in and 1 out these lot are jokers. Its a disgrace how a club that is a relegation fighter can get 5 players in and multiple players out and get their business done easily on time. All of this with far less resources to boot. We piss about ‘identifying targets’ because ‘we must get it right.’ Then they get someone in that is wrong anyway or they chase and chase 1 player all window then get told ‘NOT FOR SALE’ then panic and we buy crap…same every freaking window.

4 Likes

Shuffling 13 players in one window is way too ambitious for this club. It’s probably not realistic for most clubs.

Unfortunately most of the players we have are going to stay because of Arteta.

Auba? Arteta signed off on the contract.
Holding? Same.
Cedric? Ditto.
Willian? Here forever.
Xhaka? Built a team around him.
Partey? €50m probably not well spent but we all had a good chuckle at Madrid when we did it.
We’ll probably give Elneny, Luiz and Lacazette new deals as well. Why? Because Artet likes them but his defenders among supporters will always whine that he doesn’t have the players he wants.

1 Like

If you’ve got interested parties there is no reason it can’t be done. But I’d say we’ll have interest in 5 or 6 max. 6 on that list are on loan with little prospect of a return to the first team squad. Two are out of contract, one can’t get in the squad. Only two of the four left are really first teamers.

The valuations are not realistic but we need to do something drastic like this at some point.

Also we should feed Ornstein buckets of shite all summer and hype interest in players.

1 Like

Out: Auba, Lacazette, Pepe, Nketiah, Willock, AMN, Chambers/Holding, Bellerin, Torreira,

In: Lukaku, Hakimi, Buendia, Odegaard (loan), Ramsey* (loan)

*Ramsey is a just my lazy name, but someone like him who is a little younger (23-27). The ‘we are still trying to win now’ team.

TEAM B

My knowledge of young up and coming players isn’t what it once was, so I’m sure there’s others that I haven’t thought of.

Maybe change the coach if he isn’t onboard with a potential rebuild. The ‘If you want to win Football Manager, but it may take 3 seasons‘ XI.

1 Like

It really depends on how willing we are to lower our demands. We can easily loan out everyone and barely get any funds in. It’s hard to move out players now for considerable fees. Could have been possible before COVID.

Roma went through a similar process some years ago. They were shifting players in/out like crazy. It of course still involved a bunch of loans too.

1 Like

People are really generous with what we can get back for players :eyes:

5 Likes

Absolutely

1 Like

Bring Cantwell and Buendia at the carpet, I beg.
The stuff they do in the Championship should be illegal.

That was when Monchi was there and it was an absolute disaster. Wouldn’t point to that as a blueprint to follow.

1 Like

Yep. They couldn’t find balance at all. As soon as the team started gelling they kept pulling it apart.

Word is they’re doing it again. Their coach, Fonseca, is being left hung out to dry a bit. Some of their summer business was awful. Pedro on a free? Not moving Dzeko on? Their GK situation is still a mess too.

1 Like

Monchi did that at Sevilla too, buy in big batches, sell in big batches. Hope any of the players you picked up cheap become better than expected. Sell for good profit. In other words, basically a selling club. Makes your spreadsheet look sweet but you get nowhere as a club.

2 Likes

I love the Bouba.

2 Likes

The biggest problem we have in the transfer window is, if we are after a very good player how are we going to persuade him to come here rather than a genuine title contender?

Top players, prefer the biggest clubs with the best managers and top players to play alongside and it wasn’t that long ago that we would have discussions about some of Europe’s elite players coming here.

But we’ve been dragged down to a level where we consider Championship players at Norwich to be the answer to our poor league position.
It just shows how far the supporters level of expectation has fallen and why we’re in this position.

I don’t disagree with the sentiment, but just because someone plays for a championship team doesn’t mean they’re a bad player, I’d take Aarons or Buendia in a heartbeat.

This hasn’t been the case the past 5-6 years though.

Offer them enough money, a good platform and they’ll join your club.

Money. Look at Pepe and Partey.

1 Like

Look at how they are playing compared to before they had the big money :wink:

You get a squad full of players on big contracts not giving a shit.

And then you’re 10th and your players are walking around.

1 Like