The State of The Arsenal

I fully expect that scenario to play out. It would be mind blowing if they grew some balls, chopped Arteta’s head and brought in a whole new regime with full backing.

2 Likes

What disturbs me a lot is that we used to be top of the bill team to watch and respected across the world for the way we used to play.

How can management fuck up so dearly to squander that all to the maximum.

We have literally destroyed our reputation over the last 12-15 years. It’s unacceptable on every level.

3 Likes

Everything that has happened is down to Kroenke and the board.

Since Kroenke took over we have been on a steady side towards mediocrity.

Every decision that is made is too little, too late.

When Wenger needed those two or three decent signings to win us the title, what did Kroenke do?
Nothing.

What did Kroenke do when it was clear that Wenger was past his sell by date?
Nothing.

When Wenger eventually “resigned”,: who was the uninspiring replacement?
Emery.

When he was eventually sacked and we needed a top, quality manager, who did he get?
A complete novice.

All the other people involved in the running of the club were chosen by him so he has to take full responsibility.

Kroenke is just a chancer, driven by greed and he couldn’t care less what happens to the club.
Being fifteenth in the table means nothing to him.

Why should he care?"
He has never had an affiliation with the club and is only here to make a profit.

How people can’t see that Kroenke has ruined the club, is beyond belief.

3 Likes

Could make a substantial bigger amount with a successful side though.
This won’t be a comfortable look on the books. Not being able too sort the issue is another matter.

2 Likes

This is true but everything we do is a false economy, which is costing us a lot more.

1 Like

We used to be feared in the EPL and Europe.

The last 15 years we have gradually become the laughing stock of the league and Europe. No team in the Champions League is afraid of us. None. Almost no team, if any, in the league is afraid of us.

Now we are afraid of fucking Everton and Southampton. Happy with a win against these cunts.

Europa League there are some nobody teams like Dundalk and FjsyAAjdkAdlsajkansd United that might fear us, and that would still be a question mark. But as soon as we get to the latter stage we will be all pissed over by proper clubs.

The State of this fucking club. :facepalm:

2 Likes

I don’t know what’s worse Arsenal or the World championship darts without the fans dressed up .
Probably The Arsenal !

1 Like

Seeing as they’re dressed up as cartoon characters, I’m surprised no one has gone as Arteta yet

1 Like

It’s for certain Arteta isn’t cut out for managing The Arsenal

4 Likes

He couldn’t manage a piss up in a brewery

1 Like

Very hard at the moment tbh mate.

3 Likes

Even Big Sam getting in on the banter now :joy::rofl: right now has to be the lowest point for us in the Premier league era.

9 Likes

Oh Bizzy, it can always get worse

1 Like

Link should work this time :joy: JR is spot on here

4 Likes

He’s pretty astute there. Fair play Jamie Redknapp

2 Likes

Yeah, he’s not wrong.

IMO, we can build around the following:

CF: Auba, Balogun (development player)
Wing/CAM: Martinelli, Saka, Smith-Rowe (development player), Nelson (development player), Willian (as a squad player only)
CM: Partey, Elneny (squad player), Guendouzi (development player)
LB: Tierney
RB: AMN (maybe a squad player), Bellerin (squad player)
CB: Gabriel, Saliba (development player), Holding (squad player), Mari (squad player).
GK: Leno

Need to go: Laca, Nketiah, Pepe, Xhaka, Ozil, Ceballos, Cedric, Mustafi, Luiz, Kolasinac, Willock, Sokratis, Chambers, Runarsson.

At a minimum, we need two starting caliber players in the three behind the striker (Saka and Martinelli can start, but not every match), a starting caliber CM to pair with Partey, a starting caliber RCB to pair with Gabriel, a decent backup LB, a backup GK, and possibly a starting caliber RB if AMN isn’t good enough in the end. That is 6-7 players, 4-5 of whom are starter level. And that is assuming that things largely work out otherwise. We could easily need players at some other positions too, like a starting CF if Auba just falls off an age cliff and Balogun either doesn’t pan out or leaves next summer.

There is a decent young core to build around but it is a shit squad that needs a massive clear out.

4 Likes

High draft picks provide opportunity, yes. But when you don’t have a proper front office. There are four or five teams who have several high draft picks in consecutive years (Orlando, Charlotte, Phoenix, New York and Minnesota come to mind), but haven’t build anything of note. I’m sure the NFL has equivalent franchises. The Nuggets have build a contender around the 7th, 41st and the 19th overall pick. That is extremly hard to do.

I guess my point is the Kroenke’s found the right people in front office for their NFL/NBA teams regardless if they have the draft system in the States or not. For Arsenal they have yet to do so (if they can anyway).

These players aren’t not good enough over night. The idea that you’d keep Arteta around to oversee getting rid of these players is just stupid.

I remember in the summer some people were pretty keen on this squad. Xhaka was supposedly now a really important player for the system. Lacazette supposedly doing a good job in the system. Luiz a baller in a back 3. Ceballos a tidy player in the middle.

If these players weren’t good enough and had shit attitudes then we should have been trying to get them out in the summer but we didn’t want to lose anyone other than the players already out of the team by the end of the season (Ozil, Guen, Sokratis and Torreira).

We ended up with a squad so big that we needed to unregister 2 senior players.

6 Likes

The Cleveland Browns have entered the chat

The big advantage of a draft system is that even if you screw it up and are bad the next year you get another shot at it.

I think we’ve all seen that Stan is happy to delegate but unfortunately he was sold a structure by Gazidis that collapsed and left the club vulnerable to Raul. The fact we didn’t move faster to sure up that structure is on Stan but I find it odd that a lot of the criticism is aimed at him. He signs the checks and he spent a shit ton on Arsenal. Does anyone really think John Henry knows anything about football? He doesn’t but he’s just surrounded himself with better people so the media fawn all over Liverpool.

3 Likes

I suppose that is his job. And so it is Stan’s… to surround themselves with the right people for the job. Really don’t know what Stan is doing with this club. He is spending money alright but not on the right people in management positions…

2 Likes