The State of The Arsenal

Another season and another bottle job. This is becoming common place under Arteta. It’s worrying. I just can’t see this side going to beat City or not drop more points this season. It sucks but I just think this side and the manager have just have their confidence zapped.

I see people saying we only need one or two top quality signings for start of next season and our first eleven are “elite”. But for me I think this squad needs a top quality striker, another top notch CB just to back up our two first choices, someone to challenge Partey, Xhaka upgrade. Even someone to challenge Odegaard. I don’t want it to come down that we’re depending on Holding and Nkeitah next season.

1 Like

Who’s cares about predictions this late in the game? Either we take the opportunity or we don’t

2 Likes

we need to get rid of the losing mentality, bottlers’ mentality, and we also need to get rid of these negativity as a whole.

sorry but fuck 2nd I couldn’t care less

3 Likes

We are becoming like fucking spurs

getting 8th, 9th, 5th, and this season is 2nd, and you don’t fucking care…

unless we are being borderline top 4 again, or even worse.

The trend of improving is there.
We lost the title to a better team, you agree or not.

Yes, we bottled it, but we are continuously improving.

Experience takes time, it is not something you can buy and get instantly.

1 Like

we were never 9th and no I don’t care, 4th and 2nd this season are the same result. I want the title now and nothing less.

1 Like

typo, man, I meant 8th, 8th

everything takes time… especially experience.

You like it or not, we were really lucky not having injury issues for most of the season, till Saliba is out.
If we had this earlier, we may not even had the mentality to make top 3, or top 2.

1 Like

There’s no concept of time and patience in football these days, you have to take the opportunities because no guarantee you get more or continue to progress.

Squad being young is great but doesn’t mean that Martinelli will have a 20 goal season next year just because he’s on 15 this year. Saka could get injured and the whole season goes down the pan.

Yeah it’ll be great to be back in the CL sure but like I said, 4th would’ve been the same result so 2nd really doesn’t matter. Let alone when you lead the league for 90% of the season.

Bring it home.

To say no concept of time and patience, better say money gives you advantage and better chance.

We lost to an oil club that has unlimited fundings.

Imagine we have resources like that, we could throw West Ham 100m for Rice, we can throw 80m for Caiccedo, we could get into bidding war with Chelsea for Mudryk… etc.
If we had the money, we would not have a small squad like we are having right now.

But we don’t and that’s the point. I’m all in on this season because I really don’t think we’ll even be close in the next 2, hopefully wrong but would be surprised.

City will stay city
The others will strengthen and be tougher competition
Newcastle will flex their financial muscle

We thought we’d kick on after the FA Cup in 2014, didn’t. Came 2nd to Leicester, didn’t kick on. Won a few more FA Cups, never really kicked on consistently.

Love Mikel and love the players (finally after about 5 years of a completely unlikeable squad) but they have to take this chance.

1 Like

didn’t Chelsea, United and Pool spent quite a fortune this season?
What are their standings right now?

Yes, money give you advantage, but no guarantee.

this is the first season we are really back from the low, and playing some good, consistent attacking football.
You want to get the title just because we started playing good and back on track?
One for one?

Come on, this is an insult, at least for City.
They would have say, what did we do enough to get the title from them, while they have better players, better resources, (and if) better manager… they are better than us in almost every category and it is our failure if not taking the title from them?

1 Like

Look I’ll be real with you my personal experience. I started in 2006. The very beginnings of the original youth project. 2007/08 you argue came very early in that ‘cycle’. Yet it was the closest we ever got towards the title. The team could never replicate that form again (Of course there was other factors but you get what I’m getting at).

No because we’ve been the best team in the league til fucking April.

You’ve proven my point, on one hand you say if we had City’s money we could challenge for players and have a bigger squad but then next post said money is no guarantee.

That’s exactly my point, we could end up 5th again next season for all we know, so no I don’t give a shit about 2nd place this season…first is the only one good enough now.

2nd will be like drawing against Liverpool from 2-0 up at Anfield.

3 Likes

It’ll be intriguing to see if next season is another title push or simply back to fighting for top 4.

Either way we’ll have this “ just wait to April arsenal will collapse “ monkey on the back until we actually end this 2 decade long title drought.

It’s the nature of the beast.

4 Likes

that’s why, even if we are not optimistic, at least we don’t need to be pessimistic.

If there is no trend to follow

We got to take and hear the “Arsenal bottled it” jabs that will head our way for a few months if we fall away from the title challenge. Hopefully the club will do some serious business in the transfer window (not one or two signings, this side needs 4 or 5 of quality) to show we mean business.

I do worry for us with Utd and Newcastle will get stronger. Chelsea won’t be as a bad next season. City will add. Liverpool will get better. Throw on top the CL stuff and other cups.

Next season we’ll need to take the cups a bit more serious. Just in case we falter in the PL and CL, we at least have a cup to add to the cabinet.

Depends on the signings we make for me to say where we’ll finish. I’m not so sure we’ll get as good as this next season but I hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

Can’t believe with what we’ve been through in recent years we are where we are and the emotions are just, I dunno man - I’m so deflated after the last two weeks. Fuck, fuck, fuck!!!

13 Likes

I always saw this as our one chance to really win it, as said the others won’t stand still. Genuinely feel we’ve missed our chance here now and it’s really fucking disappointing.
People can say the expectation was to finish top 4, but the expectations changed a while ago.

6 Likes

I think eventually we can get back there again. To win a title, with City there with Pep and Chelsea, Utd and Newcastle spending big and Liverpool will get back to where they were. It’s going to be tough unless we add some serious quality in the summer, and I don’t mean just Rice and Mount. Add another top quality striker and centre back on top of that and maybe we can be in there.

Getting Top 4 again is possible. Winning a cup or two for sure if Arteta takes them serious. A strong run in CL, sure. Winning the PL or even coming close to challenging for it is going to be tough.

3 Likes