The State of The Arsenal

our europa league group is probably done really so I would use a weakened side agaisnt PSV to rest players

1 Like

Cop out answer but we are until we’re not. The season is going to be mad and all teams seem a couple of key injuries away from being a level below what they’ve shown so far. I honestly couldn’t predict how it’s all going to go but we could definitely stay in it.

I think you can say Arsenal are contenders, even if that is just mathematically. Lot of room for error with this kind of start.

A lot this season depends on Partey and Jesus staying healthly tho…

2 Likes

The world cup is such an anomaly in this season, that it’s virtually impossible to second guess on the impact it could have.

10 Likes

It’s just such a marathon and our squad of viable options is pretty small. Need better depths on the wings than we have and also a better alternative to Partey. I don’t think this squad is ready to win the league, but I suppose if we hang around for another 15 games or so you just never know going down the stretch…

All in all I think it’s another couple of years away of fine tuning, maturing and a few more key pieces of squad strengthening.

probably being biased but out of all the clubs in the league or fans deserve winning the prem the most, all these years of us sucking and being a banter club we deserve it

1 Like

The one big anomaly is the world cup. The upside of that is we only have to get to November.
We resume at virtually the start of the next window.
Clubs really should be negotiating deals for early in this window.
Whether this window is different this time because it could make the difference for us. There is a huge opportunity here though and we need to give ourselves every chance of it.

2 Likes

I think the WC can work in our favour. City have pedigree of doing this for 38 games. They’ve had starts like this before and got the job done.

We have no pedigree and there’s no way we’d keep this momentum up for a season, so the break may be of benefit.

Saka, Partey, Tomiyasu are the only players I imagine will be key for their countries too and I doubt Japan and Ghana are going that far.

We have 2 very winnable games coming up next. We’re contenders for sure.

1 Like

I don’t think we are contenders for the title simply because our squad depth or the lack of it will eventually catch up with us. Yes, the World Cup break will help rejuvenate some of the players but injuries don’t just happen due to fatigue. We have too many areas where the drop from the first team choice to the back up is stark. Jesus, Partey, Xhaka, Ramsdale, Martinelli, Saka.

Having said that, if we can get to the WC still on top of the table our chances of a top 2 finish will be boosted.

2 Likes

The current state is extremely tired

Second half yesterday we looked dead on our feet, out of ideas, couldnt run, couldnt press.
Nothing was happening.

We have to do this again this week, Thursday and then away day Sunday.
Another tough week.

3 Likes

I agree. Unless we get some of that pep for our squad, we simply will run out of steam. Yesterday it was clear we were ran down and exhausted making Leeds look great in that second half.

1 Like
9 Likes

Reminds me of the forward line in 12/13

Jesus should be hitting 15+, Martinelli and Saka 10+

Ode at least 7

6 Likes

Jesus > Giroud

1 Like

Woah, cool it with the controversial opinions, buddy.

11 Likes

Bendtner > Giroud

2 Likes

I’ll never forget when Nicky B banged in 372 goals in a single season.

2 Likes

Any man that scores a hat trick in front of me in the flesh in a CL rd 16 tie > Giroud.

2 Likes

If he didnt get injured against Cardiff in the 13/14 season we would have won the league.
Giroud was busy bagning minging birds at hotels night before games that season.

Seriously, if City is aiming the CL as top priority and with a tough schedule, we do have a chance.

Well… Giroud shagging girls in the hotels, and Lord shagging taxi driver… don’t know who was really better :wenger: :wenger: :wenger:

1 Like