The State of The Arsenal

We didn’t lead in either of those games so…

Against city at 1-1 were were certainly too gung ho when a draw was favourable to us.

May have lost anyway but agree on the point made.

1 Like

They didn’t do that against Brentford or Everton at home.

To be fair, its only been Leeds away and Pool away where we have been run off the pitch like that.

Hahaha yea I’m sure if I go back to the city thread I’ll find you shouting for us to take the draw at 42 mins.

Maybe, you can certainly find it right after the match smart arse.

Found it pre match as well

Yea we should controle every game for 90 + minutes and never concede any chances.

How controled and composed did City look at Anfield this season? So far we are the best team in the League both on points and on performances.

We have a style of play. We’re still learning. We’ve got better at a lot of things these last two seasons. We’ll get better at this too. And we’re not bad at it to begin with

You’re delusional

What are you on about?

I’d love to say that a point away to Liverpool is fine but when I think of the types of games where we could get run over in midfield, we’ve got two of those left, maybe three.

I’d say the state is pretty fragile rn. Had a few guys not show up today.

Arsenal wont be as competitive next year.
This is our last chance.
Now or never.

5 Likes

If we can sign a few big name players next season to keep this young squad together, think we’ll still be quite competitive. But yeah, this chance is as good as any we’ll get for sometime. A two horse race is always much easier than when 3-4 teams are going for it, and I think a couple of other Top 6 clubs will be up there next season. This season is a big chance in front of us. Gotta take it.

1 Like

A two horses race yes, the unfortunate thing is it’s a two horse race against the best team in world football.

1 Like

True, but still better than a 3 horse race where so many permutations come into play. All we gotta do now is draw at the Etihad with margin to draw one more game, and win the other games. Easier said than done though.

1 Like

I like the attitude of “Now or never” cause that’s how you win titles but I don’t buy the argument about us not being as competitive next year. I know where you are coming from in that teams like Chelsea, United, Spurs and Liverpool will improve and offer a bigger challenge, but we are fighting against City, who haven’t dropped off that much, and who have also played the same weaker version of those teams and yet we are where we are. And it’s not like we’ll stand still in the Summer when everyone else is improving.

I think we are just at the start of a cycle at Arsenal. We have the foundations for being competitive for the next 5 - 8 years and depending on how we recruit in the next few windows, we could well be heading towards a golden era for the club. Winning the title this year will obviously help in getting there sooner.

1 Like

When it really matters, we buckle.

1 Like

It was nice while it lasted boys

But it’s City’s

We don’t have the mental fortitude yet

Dropping points twice after going 2-0 up and now this

Next year we go again

3 Likes

Unfortunately still haven’t rid that bottling DNA, to concede 5 goals to lifeless offensive teams like West Ham and Southampton shouldn’t happen when you’re gunning for a title.

7 Likes