The randomly nothing thread

On a burger bro. Really nice taste

1 Like

Are the clocks going back tonight or next weekend?

tonight.

1 Like

Hopefully for the last time!

1 Like

Nice!

As if we needed another hour added to 2020 ffs

4 Likes

Unintentionally woke up really early today so went for a nice long walk instead of doing the dishes or starting work early. Was lovely taking in the sea air, I should do this before work more often, nice way to start the week on such a nice autumnal day.

16 Likes

I woke up early too and itā€™s a bank holiday here :sob:

6 Likes

Cunt

I woke up early too and took a stroll across town. Weā€™ve had similar mornings except I was breathing exhaust gases and youā€™ve taken in seawater vapor.

Cunt

2 Likes

Beautiful.

The weather really has been quite lovely the past couple of weeks, rainy spells aside.

Lovely morning walking to work today as well!

2 Likes

Man I so wish I was living by the seaside

2 Likes

If you donā€™t like seeing someoneā€™s leg bend like its made of plastersine donā€™t watch eeeeeesh :grimacing:

Just jumped the warning to the top so people could see it before clicking.

I did click but it wants me to download an app before watching so nah.

1 Like

The seaside town of Jaywick is a beautiful example of the rustic charm and elegance of British holiday resorts.
Itā€™s known as the Seychelles of the Essex coast.

14 Likes

Haha

1 Like

Iā€™ve always wanted to live by the seaside too.

Alot of seaside towns in England have so much potential.

1 Like

Yet have fallen into absolute ruin, its such a shame. I went to Margate for a weekend away a couple years ago and found it to be really charming in many respects. But the amount of run down not far off derelict looking buildings just off the seafront was mad, not to mention that there were junkies everywhere, which is pretty common for seaside towns in England.

Southend and the surrounding areas (where I live) also has a lot of problems with poverty and drug abuse, but isnā€™t by any stretch in quite the same dire straits that many English seaside towns are.

I assume itā€™s the advent of low cost flights abroad that helped bring this about, as people are far less likely to visit a now rundown Margate on the train when you could probably get a flight for less money to most major European destinations. Iā€™d feel hard pressed to make a case that low cost flights are a bad thing overall given how often weā€™ve all benefited from them and being able to go abroad and widen our horizons, but itā€™s absolutely fucked the traditional British seaside resort.

Coupled with environmental factors itā€™s why Iā€™ve not flown anywhere since February 2018, because I think there are a lot of wonderful places in Britain worth going to and itā€™s actually a little embarrassing that I donā€™t know this green and pleasant land better than I do, there are so many places and regions that Iā€™ve just never been to. Iā€™m also not a fan of sunbathing/beach/pool holidays, so I donā€™t have the weather as an excuse not to really.

6 Likes

Feel the same. Was planning a trip to the Isle of Skye before Covid hit

2 Likes

2020 was meant to be the year I learned to drive and got a motor, sadly that plan has been put on ice for the time being. Iā€™m holding off on places like the Isle of Skye and the Highlands until Iā€™m driving, but Scotland in particular is a priority for me as soon as I can drive and easily get about in more remote areas

I do honestly think itā€™s easy to undervalue our own country at times, there are so many great places to go to. Tenby in Wales is absolutely lovely, especially as the past two summers me and my mates were pretty lucky with the weather too. Well worth checking out, itā€™s got some nice sandy beaches and the surrounding countryside and coast is perfect for going for long walks.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a Ramsgate resident, let me assure you it still isnā€™t much different (I mean itā€™s SLIGHTLY better, but thatā€™s a low bar to clear). Thanet is the one of the most deprived areas in this country and it shows, it seriously lacks funding and the vision (Manston Airport has been a topic for 7 yearsā€¦) to really turn it around. Itā€™s main attraction is lower house prices for people who really canā€™t keep up where they live (London).

1 Like