The R.I.P thread

A true political giant. Opened a can of worms nobody could control in the dying USSR, but it was the right thing to do. Russia hasn’t had enough leaders like him.

4 Likes

Loved that bit in Rocky 4 when he applauded Rocky after his winning speech.

RIP

2 Likes
3 Likes

Ah shit. I really liked this guy. 66 is no age. RIP

1 Like

Yeah was pretty stoic and telling people about his illness and doing checks. Sad.

4 Likes

Noooooooooo.

This is very sad. My girlfriend and I love him and we were so sad to see him go from BBC Breakfast. Such an iconic broadcaster and lovely chap, I had hoped he might be able to beat the cancer but alas.

I’m actually quite upset about this :confused:

3 Likes

RIP Bill ,
Having witnessed first hand the hell that prostrate cancer can cause my thoughts are with Bill and his family.

Get checked out lads . Go .

4 Likes

My uncle died of prostate cancer years ago now and it was awful seeing him wither away like he did.

I donate to Prostate Cancer UK every month actually, as it really is a silent killer among men.

1 Like

Not gonna lie, BBC Breakfast was a hard watch this morning. Basically been a walk down memory lane about Bill.

2 Likes

Thing about him is that you respect the journalist over the years first in him. He was pretty old school reporter first and foremost, the likable guy grew from that.
Thats the way it should be too with newscasters/journos. That is something that has started too change now. We have started on a road of minor celeb presentation sadly.

4 Likes

This is sad. RIP

5 Likes

A tragedy really.

Yes. Did you misspell it the first time round?

They got him too, Paul Burgess moved out there from us to be their head groundsman.

1 Like

This was his best work

3 Likes

RIP!

It’s slim pickings really lol

1 Like

Well, yeah. It’s that or Gangsta’s Paradise. :sweat_smile: Way to kick a man when he’s dead, Jake!

1 Like

Never heard of him , sorry all

1 Like