The R.I.P thread

Actually was trying to think of any other half decent James Caan movies and it was the first one that came to mind, so I may have been exaggerating.

1 Like

Misery is fantastic. The book is better but the film is almost very faithful to the text, too.

(The baseball bat across the legs scene is different in the book, as well as the mop bucket chapter)

4 Likes

The penguin being knocked and caught is as tense a scene as you can see.
All too no avail though. Kathy Bates was great in that.

1 Like

RIP

One of my favourite character from The Sopranos.

7 Likes

sad news :frowning: He was one of my favourite ever tv characters and the scenes in the snow with Christopher is probably my favourite ever tv scene in history

RIP Paulie

4 Likes

He was absolutely perfect for Paulie’s character.

RIP

2 Likes

Legendary character in an incredible show.

2 Likes

Whoa that’s crazy! Poor Pauline, he was my favourite character on the sopranos just for how fucking unreasonable he was.

That’s like 4 pretty recognisable Hollywood actors who’ve died in the last two days

1 Like

RIP Gwynnie

Very, very sad news. The perfect foil to the best sports commentator I’ve ever heard, Sid Waddell.

2 Likes

If you ever went to Highbury back in the day, you’ll have no doubt heard the sound of a woman’s voice ringing out on its own, bellowing “Come. On. You. Gunnerrrrrrs!”

This is the first time I’ve ever been able to put a name or face to the voice, but she is an absolute ICON of the fanbase, and I don’t think there was ever a home match I attended when I didn’t hear her shout this. It came to be something that defined the matchday experience, and genuinely feels like significant part of my childhood.

Rest In Peace Maria Petri

18 Likes

I can remember when Maria stood on the North Bank and she’d get a big cheer when she shouted it.
RIP.

2 Likes

RIP Paulie

3 Likes

RIP

RIP David Warner.

Thought he was great in Mad Dogs

2 Likes

RIP to an absolute legend of the game. Real “listen on a car cassette player while going on a long drive” sort of music.

Brings back fond memories. A sad loss at 63. No age :pensive:

1 Like

Damn knew he was ill and was fighting to stay alive, sad :disappointed: news indeed.

1 Like

To get to 103 and still be able to do things until he fell a few months ago is a great innings

Rip Bernard Cribbins

5 Likes

Ah he was so good in Dr Who. RIP.

5 Likes