The R.I.P thread

Adolfo Quinones is his real name, Ozone was a character he played in a film called Breakdance. Shabba Doo was his stage/dancing name.

1 Like

Oh for fuck sake another one of my idols dead. I used to watch break dancer religiously as a kid and it got me into popping and locking. This year just keeps reminding me I’m getting old :unamused:

2 Likes

Me too was only watching this the other day, my ringtone is Chaka’s ‘Ain’t Nobody’ and has been for the last 30 years :disappointed:

2 Likes

Former Manchester United and Scotland manager Tommy Docherty has died at the age of 92

Proper old school football manager, great character too…RIP…

6 Likes

No way the Doc gone. Played for us too. Great character. RIP.

5 Likes

One of those names that I always knew but his involvement with the game was more or less over by the time I was getting interested. RIP.

(As a side note I’m pretty sure his name is the reason English commentators can’t pronounce Doherty properly)

1 Like

Was listening to this earlier:

Love a bit of Chaka

2 Likes

@JohnnyH @Stroller

Tommy Docherty the one who got Man United relegated?

Can’t believe he actually didn’t get sacked for that. More so for banging the married tea lady (or something)

RIP

1 Like

FUCK.

RIP

4 Likes

Took pver a an ageing team really. Built a new one in the second division. Two decent wingers in Hill and Coppell and Lou Macari for Celtic and re established them.
The affair that got him the sack was with the physios wife.
They ended up married for years. Not sure you’d get the sack now.

1 Like

Oh no fucking 2020 man. FUCK

No way. That’s awful news, I was just listening to his stuff the other day.

A real pioneer.

Looks like he died at the end of October.

Fucking hell, 49 years old. One of the greats. 2020 you cunt.

Tommy Docherty. Fucking hell. Solid as they come, no nonsense, old school half-back. R.I.P. Doc.

2 Likes

Wasn’t he just .
Fabulous character, rip Doc
The Doc who laid down the foundations for Sir Alex …

1 Like

You’re taking the piss? It was nearly a decade later he took over?

1 Like

When you listen and read about the Manchester players who were at OT at the of Docs reign you’ll understand.
Manchester wanted AF 10 years earlier but Doc was there , it was he , who let Bobby Charlton go
Fabulous listen ‘ my sporting life ‘ TalkSprt

1 Like

Never heard of any of the characters above but RIP!!

Rest In Peace Flash Player, you brought such joy to all our lives.

7 Likes

I can believe this to a degree. United had incredible youth system. They scoured the country for talent by Fergies day. But even in the 80s they brought through Mark Hughes, Norman Whiteside, Mark Robins, Lee Sharpe, Blackmoore.

1 Like