The R.I.P thread

Oh no.

At least his family have closure. What a sad conclusion

1 Like

Expected. R.I.P. Emiliano.

2 Likes

Such a sad conclusion to the inevitable.

RIP to Emilano and the pilot on board

RIP Mr Sala and Mr Ibbotson. x

1 Like

RIP

1 Like

Gordon Banks has died. Never seen much of him but somehow you know we lost a great today. Im going to call him a legend. To many good players and people in the know praise him to the hilt.
It feels a sad day this.

6 Likes

He was probably the bes GK of that era.
Have a look on YouTube at the save he made from Pele playing for England against Brazil.

I saw him in the first game I went to at Highbury when was GK for Stoke.

1 Like

Theres a penalty save againsr West ham for stoke by Geoff Hurst which is brilliant in the League cup.

2 Likes

GK for the 66 side, definitely a legend. RIP Mr Banks.

2 Likes

Somewhat before my time but clearly deserving of the ‘legend’ tag when so many aren’t

1 Like

World Champion and an english football legend.

3 Likes

R.I.P John Haynes, you helped so many

1 Like

Gordon Banks, as fine a keeper as there ever was. R.I.P.

When I saw John Haynes, I thought you meant Johnny Haynes, the Fulham legend.

I’ve buggered up a few auto repair jobs myself following a Haynes manual. But that’s down to me more than anything.

2 Likes

RIP.

2 Likes

Hopefully the overplayed Downfall meme dies with him

1 Like

Peter Tork from the Monkee’s
RIP

2 Likes

I thought my wife was joking when she said Peter Tork from the Monkees had died !
Then … I saw her face

5 Likes

RIP Keith

3 Likes

This guy is a fucking legend and somebody whose music I was well into during my teenage years.

One of the other things I loved about him was that he was massively into his cars, having owned a TVR Cerbera he put his name down for the infamous TVR Cerbera Speed 12 but they never made it into a road going production car, which if you asked me it would be the perfect car to fit his mental persona.

Rip.

Legend indeed. RIP

1 Like