The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

That Everton team looks pretty good on paper.

The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread, not everything else :wink: :ozil2:

1 Like

Hoping to see more of Bernard

There is plenty of evidence, including our own Gaz getting courted in an expensive move to Italy, and the moves in the back-office with very well-respected Barca men and better training and scouting from Germany, plus a new manager - not to mention all the other commercial deals - the trajectory in those HAS changed, despite us never getting out of the mode of hanging onto top 4.

Even if you want to say “nah, not buying it - would have happened anyway,” then how has Kroenke made things worse? Because that would seem to be the reason to hate him.

Again I don’t hate Kroenke. Can you clearify how the trajectory has changed exactly? Come on. Sanhelli is rated because we hired him. Before his appointment no Arsenal fan knew who he was. He still has everything to prove however still. As does the coach.

Fans wouldn’t know executives but given his background, one can tell he is good at what he does.

Christ @Trion! At it again FFS!?

One effing reply Luca

I guess I follow football a bit more than the average fan than. Sanhelli was part of a much bigger Barcelona set-up. This is his first go at it in a roll when the final responsibility lies fully with him. He still has to prove himself in this roll.

You’re not a mod. Stop trying to moderate.

1 Like

Trying to prevent chaos :smile:

Whenever I hear the name Bernard, I think of this Guess Who legend

1 Like

Palace hit the bar with Tomkins.

I have provided several points of evidence and there are numerous announcements about various separate commercial deals besides the big long-term ones, including our more recent kit deals… and if you are arguing that the trajectory is exactly the same, I don’t really care enough to argue further but then why criticize Kroenke? He is allowing us to spend a lot more as we get a lot more money.

0-0 at HT. Not a great game.

I’m stating Kroenke is not allowing us to do that, but this is a natural trajectory that Arsenal would have taken with or without Kroenke. And Arsenal have been a spending club pre-stadium move. I haven’t seen anything too think different.

1 Like

Ummm actually he IS allowing us to do that… whether you think it would have been guaranteed scenario otherwise, just look to Glazers for contrast - they saddled the club with massive debt.

The Glazers let Manchester United spend insane types of money?

Anyway. The real ‘test’ for Kroenke ownership has now begun. The burden and all-overshadowing presence of Wenger is gone. Let’s see where we end up.

Everton game has you longing for another international break. Ordinary teams is the kindest I can say about this.

2 Likes