The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

Yeah think it just did

Steve Bruce really is a shit manager lol. Hiring him is basically asking to get relegated

Yeah that was the classic “challenge” deserving of red… was always going to be tough against LC, made it mission impossible for his team as well.

I don’t really see how the likes of Bruce gets jobs at this level still. Has he ever done anything impressive as an manager?

That bacon and dog combo is PEEEAK fam ! Puts a smile to my danish mug everytime !

1 Like

This is from a thread someone made about Bruce and managers like him. It’s a results business and when your main aim is to stay in the league he’s a decent bet.

As to whether that’s impressive, no. But they’re not trying to be.

1 Like

Leicester deservedly 3rd, they should get top 6 this season tbh

1 Like

They havent finished higher than 9th (i think) since their PL win. They tend to slump. Lets see if this season is any different.

1 Like

Leicester will get top 4 there fixtures are very good on paper. Look at that FDR haha

I dunno. Some posters felt quite strongly that the top 6 would stay the top 6, that the gulf between us and the Evertons and Leicesters is too big… :grin:

I agree with you though. At the start of the season I felt like Wolves had the best shot at breaking in based on their squad. But either way, there is definitely an opening, just depends if they can sustain it and if Man United keep Mr Under Qualified in the job long enough.

I tipped them for the six. Rodgers divides opinion but I rate him as in the top 4 coaches with the best of the rest squad. Vardy gives them a big edge.
West ham, Everton, wolves don’t have a striker to hit significant numbers imo.

2 Likes

I think the issue is that structurally (long-term), they simply can’t compete consistently. Obviously the odd thing happens and multiple top 4/6 teams tank and/or one or more bottom 14 teams have a big year (LC), but until something changes structurally (like City getting oil sugardaddy), I see a potential rotation of 3-4 teams from time to time that pierce that top 6… reality is atm that Spurs are really the only team that is on that fringe in between the two zones, although perhaps that changes with their new stadium…

2 Likes

If Brendan gets Champions League football at Leicester that’ll be a massive tick on his resume, certainly think it’s possible with how everyone else is looking.

4 Likes

First team can achieve top 6, but not sure they have the depth to keep it going until May. After Vardy they only have Iheanacho, and at CB they are thin.

Great start for them so far though. Rodgers has a philosophy that has been bought into by that squad.

3 Likes

Looking forward to the spuds nice early visit to Brighton tomorrow already.

1 Like

I think Spurs will still win, can’t really see where the goals will come from with Brighton.

1 Like

Do well to get out of their with a win for me.
Hard to turn that fiasco and the negativity around in a few days for me.
Couple of set pieces should do it. Brighton energy levels should see them home in a game spuds won’t want.

Spuds on a downward spiral. Brighton will make bangers and MASH out of them tomorrrow.

2 Likes

I haven’t checked the odds but backing Brendan to get a draw at Anfield must be worth a look

1 Like

One of the games I wanna stream tomorrow. Even if Liverpool go a goal ahead, I wouldn’t rule City out (unless Liverpool score in the 89th min the jammy fucks)