The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

There’s definitely been at least one other game in that time slot so far this season. One of the new tv packages that came in this season.

1 Like

Nah, not one. This will be the first. All the late Saturday games so far have started at 17:30, as usual.

Yes, I appear to have imagined that. :joy:

You need to lay of the :mushroom:s :crazy_face:

There were definitely 7.45pm Saturday games last season. Tottenham v Man United springs to mind.

It’s going to be a regular thing next season.

First time I can recall it happening in my 20 years following the sport.

On a Saturday night was it ? If so must have slipped my mind lol. My memory has United beating Spurs 1-0 at OT with a martial goal in a Saturday Lunchtime game & Spurs winning a midweek night game in late Jan at Wembley.

Not a first. Leicester vs Manchester United was a Saturday night game last season

Yep, just Googled it to check. As Calum said, Leicester v Man United was also a Saturday night 7.45pm game too – though that was around Christmas, schedules are always weird then.

Next season there will be 8 of them.

Yeah I don’t count the festive period schedules lol, everything is just jumbled up left right and centre as every club plays 4 games in 10 days haha.

Which game are you talking about? There is no Tottenham vs Man Utd Saturday fixture from last year.

Yes, Calum is right, Leicester vs United was indeed on a Saturday from 19:45 but as Aussie pointed out, the Christmas calender is a little bit different.

Still feels to me that this is the first Saturday night game from the regular weekend rounds.

Oh it was Spurs v Man City, not United. Knew it was one of the Manchester clubs :facepalm:

Sweet so at least my recollection of the United vs Spurs games wasn’t wrong. BTW can we have a similar score tonight in Spurs vs City ?

Oh, cool. Thanks for that :+1:

I was in Istanbul at that time, I remember watching bits of the second half of that game in a pub smoking shisha, but I had no track of the time, so it now makes sense why I had no recollection of a game being played in that time slot so far haha.

I was at that fucking game with my Da. I knew it had happened :joy:

2 Likes

:eyes:

He’s a spurs fan. I couldn’t trust him in London on his own. :slight_smile:

Sure :wink:

Are you certain you didn’t want to see that awe-inspiring trophy cabinet in person?

Was pretty curious what Wembley is like for a game to be fair so didn’t object when he suggested it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like