The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

When did I say that?

Except they’ve proven you kind of do…

Fuck Leicester.

Was it just the west midlands then? lol

If it fits your bitter narrative, then good for you. Literally.

No one wins a league title by fluke. You’re probably someone who thinks every single win they had that season was lucky.

The fact that they didn’t even came close to repeating those results (the point total) show that that season was a fluke.

1 Like

We never came close to our 90 point total. Was that a fluke?

You can’t fluke a league winning season. You’re like the only person in the world who believes you can.

It wasn’t a fluke. 87 points in 01/02. 83 in 04/05. That seems close doesn’t, it?

For the record. Arsenal winning the title that season would have been a fluke too.

1 Like

Leicester were 10 points ahead when they won it.

Not a fluke.

They lost Kante that summer, leading to bad results. They still kept a pretty good home record the next season too (although a very bad away record). They changed manager halfway through the season. Never helps in a defence of a title.

I think if we’re calling Leicesters a fluke, there are many more league winning teams we can call bullshit flukes. Leeds, Blackburn, Arsenal (numberous times), Forest, Villa, Ipswich.

I’ll say it again, you’re the only one who thinks a team can win a league title by fluke. You clearly didn’t watch that season and you’re just sore that a more “fashionable” team didn’t win the league, Seaman David

Mate. The drop off was 37(!) points. That is not just because you lose one player. Point totals since promoted: 41, 81, 44, 47 and 52. One of those seasons clearly stands out as a fluke, no?

3 Likes

Is Marcos Alonso the only player in the PL who has his number on the front and back of his shirt? :grin:

1 Like

I don’t know why but I feel like I’ve seen this argument before guys? :rofl:

1 Like

Because we have, lol.

1 Like

Drinks break music at West Ham Chelsea has been better than the actual game so far

Do the same for Leeds in 92, Derby in 72, Blackburn in 95, Forest in 78.

There is no way you can fluke a league season. 38 solid performances win you the league. You have to view the league in that one snapshot in time. Forget seasons before and after.

Which, again, leaves me convinced you didn’t watch City win the league that season and you’re only seeing it as a statistic.

You can apply the same logic too those teams indeed.

There is definitely a possiblity to fluke a season. You just don’t want to believe that.

VAR screwing West Ham again :eyes:

Load of shite from VAR just now .

1 Like

What the fuck was that :joy::joy::joy: not a chance that should have been disallowed

See, now I know you’re alone in this. Especially if you’re adding those teams in.

There’s an old adage- you can win a cup by luck, but you can’t win a league title by luck.

They ought to add “unless you’re SD Gooner” at the end of that

2 of my pals are Hammers and they’re absolutely fuming right now. Shambles of a decision