The Other Premier League Fixtures Thread (old)

Fair play to Steve Bruce. He’s actually getting better results out of this Newcastle team than Benitez did.

Fuck Arsenal for not being able to take advantage of the slip ups.

2 Likes

Him or Ziyech - bring them ASAP

Let’s act like a club that knows what it’s doing soon please.

psg are apparently after ziyech now so if that is true we will not get a sniff

Chelsea must be stoked, they’ll get a CL spot despite the losses column being in double figures.

I wonder if he ever looks back on the lack of chances he got here and feels Shafted. Not that I’d want to try to analyse his state of mind and feelings about his time here, he’s a complicated man and no one understands him but his woman.

Still, there are worse places to have to play every week than South James’ Park. He’s already having a better career there than Chefki Kuqi did.

3 Likes

How have Bournemouth lost 10 of 12 games and only scored a single goal in the last 5 of those, that being against Arsenal. :see_no_evil:

It’s an awkward cup fixture for Arteta really whenever that comes around, Arsenal have to be dominating a side that is out of form, injury ravaged and can’t afford to advance any further.

Cue 1-1 on pens or 1-2 etc

1 Like

This deserves more likes :joy::joy:

Yeah of course Jamie Vardy misses a penalty when I have him as captain. Prick.

1 Like

Same here :pensive:

Burnley once again proving we overrate the top of the EPL… only one great team right now… and one very good team… after that, a pile of meh. We really aren’t so far off, despite how tragic we are.

FWIW, Man City aren’t even on pace to hit 80 points right now… after 23 games.

1 Like

Even Liverpool are overrated. Teams just don’t play against them

Don’t give up the good fight man.

3 Likes

I actually agree that they’re being heavily overrated. I think they’re extremely fortunate to be sitting on 20 wins in 21 games so far and there are about 6 games you’d argue they probably shouldn’t have come out go with all 3 points.

Even when we lost to them at Anfield at the beginning of the season I actually felt like they were fairly average for most of the game we were just undone by poor defending.

2 Likes

Me thinking of all the Vardy captainers knowing I transferred him out for my captain, Sergio Aguero…

wendy

EDIT: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I’d agree with most of this. The difference is mentality though when your game isn’t working out.
The CL win last year puts belief in you. The exact opposite happened to spurs and belief in Poch when they lost. Probably also on the no show they put in.

I can see how today’s gonna turn out.

Man United score early. I get excited and post “yesss!”

Darkseid says: “don’t jinx it you nob”

Liverpool score 2 late goals.

Calum posts all the words to You’ll Never Work Again, or whatever their anthem is.

Then it’s doom and gloom as we begin to consider where they might lose in the future

5 Likes
1 Like

Remember him slating us for warming up with gloves against Sunderland in the cup. Sending a weak message to the opposition. We lost.

At least I didn’t stick the triple cap on him.

Those people must be sick right now

I don’t ever remember us losing to Sunderland in the cup, and my head’s full of shitty statistics.

Or do you mean 1973? Don’t think Keane was potty trained then.

(Also, sorry to bring up the cup semi final of '73 :pensive:)

1 Like