The Labour Party

All I can find are posts about him being banned as I suppose his posts have been removed. He seemed to have an issue with transwomen in women’s spaces. Aside from that I only know him as a writer.

The thing with Twitter is, people don’t really have enough censorship of the thoughts that come into their heads and then you have people constantly trolling each other. It’s a poisonous mix.

I mean Trump should of been banned about 1000 times

1 Like

Seems as good a place as any for this…

What an accusation :joy:

Edit: if you cba clicking in this is what Liz was responding to…

Eb_VFYAWAAEAsVo

1 Like

I’d really love to know the answer too please

I mean I know Ash Sakur is annoying as hell, but do the racists really need to have a go at her about salt haha.

2 Likes

It’s a purer salt without additives, from wiki:

Coarse edible salt is a kitchen staple, but its name varies widely in various cultures and countries. The term kosher salt gained common usage in North America and refers to its use in the
religious practice of [dry brining] meats, known as *[kashering], and not to the salt itself being manufactured under any religious guidelines.

I’m trying to work out if this is a more outrageous accusation or the one about her enjoying a lolly in the park that day that the incident happened in Reading lol

How come Barry Sheerman hasn’t had the whip removed? It’s been a week now, have I missed the action taken by the party or what? I thought Starmer was getting tough on anti semitism?

I honestly don’t see a justification for the lack of action taken here given the very strong stance Starmer and the Labour Party have taken against anti-semitism. Some are saying that RLB was a cabinet member and this guy is just an MP, so it makes sense that she was sacked whereas he is not, and that him apologising and taking a break from social media is good enough. That certainly seems to be what Starmer is implying, if not quite literally saying.

Even if there is some merit to that, what he has done is far worse than RLB, and for me that would merit at least the same level of punishment. She retweeted an interview with an actress, and the reason for the retweet was because of other content in the interview, the retweet wasn’t about the small part of the interview that caused the offence (the accusation that Israeli forces taught the technique used to kill George Floyd). Whereas he issued a personally written tweet (rather than just retweeting an article that touched on several topics) that referred to “sheckles” when discussing two Jewish business men. If we’re talking about alleged antisemitism, I can’t see how what he has done could not be construed as being a far worse offence.

If the position was consistent, that apologising for doing that was good enough, then fine (not that it’s necessarily up to me to decide if an apology should suffice as an outsider to the relevant community). But that isn’t the consistent position, is it? The position is that it antisemitism is a very big problem in Labour and that it must be rooted out, no ifs and no buts.

I try my best not to be partisan on this issue, but I find it very hard to look beyond this being quite clear evidence that alleged antisemitic statements or actions will be a treated as a big deal used to purge the party of the far left members of the party (far left in relative terms to the “right wing” of the party) whereas allies of the leadership like this guy won’t be treated in a similar fashion, and will get to apologise, take a quick break and then carry on with no stain on their name.

Doesn’t smell right to me.

RLB was obviously a bullshit situation, but I don’t know what more punishment you can dish out than that.

Losing a shadow cabinet position that nobody wanted to give you in the first place is far less drastic than losing the whip. You’d have the complete opposite argument too - why does this guy get the whip withdrawn and RLB not if what they both did was supposedly unforgivable antisemitism?

I think both cases are nonsense by the way, but this one is obviously easier to piece together as antisemitism.

Well I think that like you say, this is easier to piece together as antisemitism, so if he got a harsher treatment I feel there’d be some logic. The “offences” committed were totally different in nature.

I suspect that a of the roles were reversed and RLB or someone like her tweeted what he did, they would have the whip removed. But that’s speculation and no basis for an argument, I concede that.

Yeah, I do get where you are coming from about the punishment. But I think you can just look at his statement. Starmer talks about how the bloke is “mortified”, and that he’s taking a break. I find it very hard to believe that he’d be talking about in the same way if it were someone associated with Corbyn, and therefore associated with the issue of antisemitism in Labour. Again, speculation I guess, but I honestly can’t see him speaking about it in the same way, in an almost understanding way that seems designed to take the sting out of the issue and quietly lay it to rest. I think this suspicion is backed up by the way opponents of Corbyn within Labour have jumped on incidents of alleged antisemitism over the past couple years, and in very few instances can I think of many of these incidents being as bad as what this guy decided to tweet about two Jewish businessmen, I honestly can’t.

I did say I try not to be partisan on this issue, I felt it could be inferred from that that I don’t think I’m always successful lol

We all know Starmer jumped on RLB to take out a political rival. She didn’t do anything wrong there. The bigger story is anti-semetic becoming a witch hunt, often with anyone who dares criticise Israel, in my view.

Barry Sheerman is a relic. I love the irony of his defense though. He’s alluded to a supposed ‘trope’ that Jews bribe people right. Then he points to the fact ‘Hey guys, I’m not anti-semetic I take bribes from the Friends of Israel.’

1 Like

Sir Keir Starmer sacking an MP for not being down with buggering Afghani kids with impunity.

This is the labour government Scottish unionists tell us to wait for :arteta:

2 Likes

Another smart move from Keir. Showing he understands the path to power

@Stroller this is what I mean. Look at this amoebic cunt.

I don’t trust England to see this for what it is.

3 Likes

Point taken. Took a lead with this call too.

And as you say, he didn’t even do much opposition of sorts.

The sooner the BBC in its current guise goes under the better.

1 Like

Yeah Kunnsberg deliberate meddling before this gains momentum. Not an ounce of subtlety here.

1 Like

Classic Kuenssberg, her anonymous source gives her nothing but parrot the government line.

Surprise surprise that a senior government official is unhappy at Starmers policy, as if it’s ground breaking journalism.

1 Like

Stammerer unsure about how a lockdown’s gonna work?

And people think he’ll instantly do better than the clowns we currently have in play :joy: