The Hip-Hop Thread

It’s what did Diddy do and Who did Diddy do?!

Loving Kendrick dropping diss after diss on Drake. Starting to wonder if he’s got enough material here for a diss album :joy:

J Cole must be feeling like one of those people who missed their flight on 9/11 lol

4 Likes

This whole thing has moved so fast I can’t even keep up anymore!

I just hope in a year or two we get a big wrap up documentary or podcast about it!

1 Like

I’m glad I’ve never listened to anything Drake has ever made. Get rekt.

1 Like

Kenny made a diss track for the club :fire:

“Tryna strike a chord and it’s probably A minorrrrrr” :skull: :skull: :skull:

3 Likes

JFC.

Finally something to talk about in us rap

Haven’t kept up with any of the recent stuff. Can’t take these modern rappers seriously when it comes to diss tracks. I grew up on Rocafella vs DBlock, Nas vs Jay-Z etc

2 Likes

We’re probably about the same age then but at least these days there are almost instantaneous 20 minute breakdowns of all the references in the diss tracks. Would have come in handy when we were kids.

2 Likes

Honestly these Kendrick diss tracks are pretty mid lol half of them are just him talking and not really rhyming nicely.

Drake will never be able to win these battles because the general consensus is Drake is a bubblegum wrapper and Kendrick is “real hip hop”.

Personally I’ve preferreed Drake’s tracks so far tbh.

3 Likes

That songs actually quite good tho!

Gonna have to disagree. Very mid, and the Abracadabra sample is pretty bad.

1 Like

No more Tories and Kenny dropped a Not Like Us video

icecubetodaywasagoodday.gif

5 Likes

https://youtube.com/shorts/z_LpUBiN9eo?si=8wb5rbcqW7wuqYzt

Eminem has been corny for years

2 Likes

Erm, no, actually he is the GOAT, you just hate that a white man does it best.

2 Likes

Back in 2015 Rough Trade did an excellent compilation of new (UK I think) Hip Hop tracks that introduced me to so many excellent artists. Sadly it didn’t turn out to be an annual thing.

Can anyone recommend a more up-to-date compilation as either a download or CD? It doesn’t have to be UK only, I just want to here new stuff and I need a new record player so vinyl is out atm.