The Grand Tour/Top Gear

Looks great, can’t wait!!

Pretty great episode compared to the recent predecessors

I seen on gogglebox them driving fast in the dark towards a concrete wall and James May smashed fuck into a wall and hurt himself.

What was the point of this ? :joy:

1 Like

It was honestly very pointless, racing in a underground tunnel part of a military complex. Looks like it hurt pretty bad.
Saw it yesterday and was a little disappointed tbh. It’s always been heavily scripted, but a bit overkill this time around.

1 Like

It was pretty obvious to me from the start, given the power and types of cars involved and such a small confined space something was going to happen.
Shame an iconic car with dwindling numbers had to come out of it as scrap.

Yeah, outside of them killing a very nice Evo (not it’s fault it was yellow)… it was a damn funny episode.

I liked it but could have done without the silly stunt pushing the shed down the hill.

I still like it, but now that they’re churning out these “specials” so much they seem a lot more low effort than they used to when they were actually just that - specials.

I find myself enjoying their individual shows more than the grand tour now.

Clarkson’s Farm is inspired and James May In Japan/Italy is wonderful.

Feels like The Grand Tour is close to having run it’s course for me.

That said, it’s always a nice surprise when a new one pops up on Prime and it’s very easy watching when I’ve got some time to myself at home - I always watch it as soon as it comes out.

5 Likes

That’s cool. As long it’s a big episode every 6 months or so, I’ll keep watching. It’s not a big commitment and they’re damn funny people.

2 Likes

Yeah I think that’s exactly it to be honest.

Like you said, not a big a commitment and it’s always a nice surprise to see a new one pop up on Prime.

2 Likes

I think that’s probably it for them too, it’s not a big commitment as opposed to a whole series of stuff and also it’s them keeping their toes in the pond.
I do enjoy the stuff the do even if it is far fetched and daft.
Clarkson rocking upto that in that Audi claiming it was somehow related to the original quattro :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hammond’s car workshop show was a bit meh.

Credit to May, he continued working. There’s a scene when May arrives post-crash. Jeremy & Hammond were speaking to May, but you can see May is just focusing on managing his pain.

Agree with this.

Clarkson’s Farm feels like a much more authentic avenue for him at the moment.

You compare these episodes to the likes of Mangolia and Vietnam, and they pale in comparison.

I’ll keep watching them though - as it is still funny, and wouldn’t care if they spent $1m making it or $50m.

1 Like

Let’s be fair, freezing the keys in pee water was funny.
Freezing the whole car in revenge even more so.

I like to believe the victim is not always aware of that side of the script

Yeah this is exactly what I mean.

This Sweden one just seemed pretty low effort compared to previous ones.

The Mongolian special is probably the best ever.

I thought the Madagascar one was pretty good, one of the funniest for me.

1 Like

Watched this at the week and massively enjoyed it
My wife and boy even started watching with me

Clearly scripted but its entertainment so dont give two tosses if it is or isnt
Its funny, theyre good at what they do so why wouldnt you watch?

The crash was unbelievable though, looked so bad and cant believe he came out walking.

Yea was a decent 90 minutes watching. Will go back and watch the Mongolia one after a few comments here now as I missed that one at the time.

1 Like

Think ive missed a few they did over lockdown, see them on the Amazon list the other day

Worth watching or not?

1 Like

Ahhh it’s so amazing, mainly for the incredible scenery they go through

I personally think they were better so I’d say yes :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like