The Funny Picture/WTF Thread

@DavidHillier was here

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

I plead the 5th

4 Likes

nah, it is too nice to be @DavidHillier if it was him it would be far more wounding.

1 Like

I think @Joshua was right when he said that about the meaning of the term now, but I don’t think it’s the case in this post.

“Normalising not vibing with someones toxic behavioural gaslighting to manifest mental energy” is the patently pseudo-intellectual nonsense that leads to a lot of the negative stereotypes and connotations of the left in todays politics and society.

I mean ffs, when our resident leftist (sorry @JakeyBoy) decides to post it in the funny/wtf thread that says it all.

I have no idea why you’d apologise for paying me a compliment

Originally I said “Marxist in Chief” but wasn’t sure how you’d take it and changed but forgot to take out the sorry :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Jake is the resident leftist? What the fuck?

I still think @JakeyBoy pips you to it

Yeah, I can respect that.

2 Likes

At least in the USA, ‘woke’ is a term that’s been co-opted by the right so they have a strawman to beat on when they want to say something racist/homophobic/fascist, but don’t want to sound overtly racist/homophobic/fascist.

Yeah, that person is a moron who is spewing word soup. Has nothing to do with “woke”. But whatever.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ci0hPNcDClY/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

(Why don’t reels embed from my phone?)

1 Like

“Suspicion of drink driving”

2 Likes

@Phoebica

5 Likes

I don’t get it. Unless the suggestion is that anyone could have written Jolene? In which case, it’s not funny.

1 Like

Nobody should have written Jolene.

1 Like

Like the Mona Lisa is anything special anyway.

1 Like

It’s basically saying the opposite lol, that Jolene is a masterpiece worthy of comparison to great works by the likes of Da Vinci.

If it was trying to say anyone could have written it they wouldn’t have picked Da Vinci, one of history’s greatest genius polymaths, to make the point lol.

1 Like

The most underwhelming thing about the Louvre.

Nothing but hype.

2 Likes

I mean, it’s her most recorded song. It made her a shed load of cash and won her a Grammy. So I would say it was very worth while writing the song. I saw a bluegrass/hip hop group sing a version of it once and it was possibly one of the best things I’ve ever heard.

Also, on a side note, I hear people say a lot that Jolene and I Will Always Love You were written on the same day, but she doesn’t actually know for sure. She said it was possible that they were. It was around the same time, but she doesn’t remember.