The Funny Picture/WTF Thread

How does anyone have fans? They’re on TV every day and millions of people watch. Obviously lots of those people like them or they wouldn’t have the job.

3 Likes

Everyone on TV has fans. The best part of my job is when I get emails from people asking me to pass on their messages to soap characters. Not the actors, the actual characters!

1 Like

You should try it sometimes and see how hard it is knowing millions are watching

1 Like

What is all this I keep hearing about Schofield and noncing???

It’s the wrong word really. He was allegedly messaging a young lad - when I say young, he was of legal age. When the guy was between 18 and 21 apparently.

Ohh what’s the issue then??

I have a few gay mates really deep into the gay sub culture and that’s just how it works.

There’s a very heavy weighting on older+younger.

My friend often goes to parties with a 35 max age limit etc., a lot of them are very ageist

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

I would agree that if you’re a musician, comedian, actor, or anyone with a skill, then performing live is difficult but TV presenting is the lowest rung on the professional entertainment ladder.
If reality stars can do it, I’m sure it can’t be that difficult. :grinning:

He’s in his mid 50s, married with a wife and kids and he was in the background planting the seeds with an 18 year old kid.

To me that’s not a good look and he deserved a lot more slack for it than he got that’s for sure.

He was branded a hero by some for being brave enough to “come out” but his behaviour was the antithesis of brave lol

1 Like

Doing it is not the same as doing it well. Bad TV presenting is absolutely a thing, therefore doing it well is also a thing. It’s difficult to stick to a script/autocue while also looking natural and drawing the audience in.

2 Likes

Wasn’t it made clear that him and his wife had an agreement in place?

As his wife and kids already knew when he came out haha pretty sure she was just his beard

Maybe so I just didn’t think there was anything particularly admirable or brave about a man that late in his life having sexual relations with an 18 year old lol

Hahaha yeah that’s fair although I don’t think people were calling him brave for shagging an 18 year old twink :joy:

Think it was the fact that a newspaper was going to exploit his sexuality for profit by outing him and then he just Letterman’d it which I do think is kind of brave.

But yeah, a bit predatory but definitely not a nonce.

Not sure how brave it is to “out” himself when the choice was allow a paper do it, or bite the bullet and do it himself. It’s coming out regardless and so him beating them to the punch just helped him control the narrative

1 Like

Yeah but I still think it’s a cool thing to do rather than try to pay them off and ride out the storm and the ensuing embarrassment.

Letterman got a lot of kudos for owning it himself.

I don’t think anybody should ever be “outed” by the press I think it’s deplorable and I think everybody should be able to keep to themselves what they so desire to and share with the world what they want the world to know.

Just don’t think I’ll ever agree that there was anything brave about what Schofield did and I definitely think he deserved a lot more criticism for his relationship with an 18 year old than for jumping a queue lol

Doesn’t help that I just think he’s a massively dislikable guy too lol

I’m not really bothered about him shagging an 18 -21 year old guy, so many rich older guys out there shagging younger girls so that’s just whatever and as long as it’s consensual then whatever.

Is it distasteful and predatory and a bit of a moral grey zone? Sure, but I don’t see any of the other big names out there who are shagging younger women getting called a nonce lol

Does nonce mean pedo in the UK? I thought it just meant like idiot/moron etc lol

Yes, apparently it’s an acronym, a prison term meaning Not On Normal Courtyard/Communal Exercise. Though that could be an urban legend.

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

17 Likes