The Environment

That’s a shame, it’s a really good airport that I used to fly out of all the time.

Very efficient and well run was always my experience, especially after the expansion and renovation.

Was a great alternative to travelling 2 hours to Gatwick or Heathrow lol

1 Like
4 Likes

Woah

We’re half way there

3 Likes

Whoa

1 Like

We’re livin’ on a prayer

6 Likes

Take my hand

3 Likes

we’ll make it I swear

3 Likes

Woah

3 Likes

The lot of you can fuck out.

So tough, it’s tough

That’s a lot of grants to tell us stuff we already know.

1 Like

Great move. Would like to see this implemented more around Europe. There is no need for anybody to take a flight where there is a train journey that isn’t significantly longer.

5 Likes

For a moment I thought that was all flights under 2.5 hours which would’ve amazed me haha, but definitely makes sense for internal flights under that time. Astonished they had them in the first place to be honest!

I’ve only been to France a handful of times but getting the train there is much more of an enjoyable experience anyway, although the cost of the eurostar can be quite steep…

Getting a flight is a horrible experience for me. The only benefit is it gets you somewhere in 6 hours that would take a week in the car.

The only reason to consider it for such a short joirney is that Ryanair will do you a flight for 1/3 of what national rail will do you for a train ticket.

Yeah this is the main issue really. I remember a guy at uni used to always fly home to Newcastle from London because it was ridiculously cheap. Train was about 5 times more expensive.

Always think it’s a bit of a fallacy how quick flights get you somewhere.
There’s travel time to and from airports. Luggage check in and reclaim and being in the airport early.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Imagine buying shares in French/Euro rail companies the day before this announcement. €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

2 Likes