Tennis

Nadal kinda went out with a whimper, no? Great third set by both men, but there was no doubt who would win the fourth.

Djokovic was already ahead, but this solidifies his claim.

Looked like he was nursing an injury

1 Like

Boo hoo

The fuck you on about? You missed the bit with the left ankle then?

Huge for Djokovic this, if he wins on Sunday heā€™ll probably have the most slams by the time the 2022 AO is done.

1 Like

Maybe. Rafa definitely third tho.

1 Like

The third set last night was as good as it gets. A real shame it seemed to take all the fight out of Rafa for the fourth though.

Every time I want to start to like Djokovic he annoys the hell out of me with his endless ball bouncing as he slows the rhythm of the points for his opponents. Have to admire his will to win though and taking out the king of clay was a very impressive performance.

Will be interesting tomorrow to see the best of the new versus old generation. I think Djokovic probably still has enough to edge it but itā€™s very hard to be sure.

1 Like

Nadal does that too tbf. I fucking wish Federer would do that sometimes.

It looked like there was more ball bouncing from Djok than actual tennis last night :joy:

1 Like

Just switched the tennis on, Djokovic 2 sets down in the final. You love to see it.

1 Like

This game right now is ridiculous.

And heā€™s back

1 Like

Novak was always going to come back. Iron will. This is his legacy. Road to GOAT

Tsitsipasā€™ first serve % in the last two sets must be trash.

NOVAK WOW

Absolutely amazing, the mental strength is on another planet

1 Like

Djokovic coming from two sets down to win the final. I do not love to see that.

I really do feel for Stefanos, two sets up and to lose it will be world shattering.

Heā€™s a future slam winner in my eyes but the mental of Djokovic is damn near unmatched, heā€™s now the first of the three to win all slams at least twice and the first to beat Nadal and win the French.

All this from being sets down against Nadal and Tsitsipas, incredible.

4 Likes

It is unmatched. He controlled that match from the first break in the third set.
Kid kept digging deep but was just broken down when hope seemed to rise in him.
Fitness levels of Djokovic as well are unparalleled. 5 hours 40 and still had reserves in the tank.

1 Like

I really donā€™t like him but he is something else.

1 Like

Novak has really solidified his legacy. Beat the clay king and then come back from 2 sets down to win the final.

Heā€™ll end up with 25 slams and be the GOAT. Doesnā€™t have Federerā€™s elegance, doesnā€™t have Nadalā€™s court charisma, but heā€™s just so fucking good. Mentality of a fucking robot, inhuman belief to fight back.

Iā€™m a convert. He will be the greatest.

5 Likes