Tennis

Thst may be true but look at who Djokovic has had to beat to win his slams.

Federer dominated a far weaker era when he won most of his.

1 Like

Thatā€™s fine, wouldnt argue with you, my point was nothing beyond pointing out that proportionally Djokovic has actually lost more. Iā€™m not claiming this puts Fed ahead of Djok in the all time stakes because of this.

Federer lost to Nadal when he was at his peak too. I remember a time when Wimbledon was basically considered Federerā€™s clay.

Stats below were correct when they were posted. Obviously both Djokovic and Nadal have added two more Grand Slams since thenā€¦

• Federer won 20 out of 78
  • Djokovic won 16 out of 59
  • Rafa won 18 out of 57 (likely 19 out of 58)

Federer has been surpassed and will eventually be left behind in the numbers stakes.

On sheer numbers and domination itā€™s hard to look past Djokovic or Nadal, yet Iā€™d rather sit down and watch a Federer game.

Aesthetically he is the most gracious player to play the game, he just makes it look so effortless. Iā€™ve never enjoyed watching the other two as much, despite their unreal talent.

1 Like

Rafa through.

The absolute GOAT

1 Like

Impressive battling at the finish by Djokovic just then. Held his serve all night too.

Think heā€™ll struggle to beat Rafa on clay but you never know. Heā€™s a supreme battler. Very admirable quality.

1 Like

If Novak beats Nadal in this semi, and then goes on to win the tournamentā€¦

Can see it being a 5 setter. Got big hopes about this match.

Happy to see we get a Nadal vs Djokovic matchup

1 Like

What time (in England, before @Aussiegooner answers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) is the semi final on tomorrow?

I knock off from work at 4pm

Google saying itā€™s 4.30pm UK time.

Nadal has to have an off day at some point, surely?

2 Likes

Not tomorrow.

ā€œYeah, deepeh,
Djokā€™s out, Djokā€™s out
Fuck itā€

*will make no sense if you havenā€™t seen that video from about 2 years ago

1 Like

Think the 1st Semi between Tsitsipas and Zverev is 2pm UK time or so, then youā€™ll have Djokovic and Nadal to follow.

1 Like

Tsitsipas gets through in 5 sets.

Heā€™s doing a pretty emotional interview right now. Comes across as a likeable bloke.

Love his one-handed backhand. Such an elegant stroke, too many folks with the two hander these days.

The big one about to start. Iā€™ve got a feeling Novak is going to do it (hope Iā€™m wrong though as Rafa is :heart_eyes:)

First game is still going on, almost ten minutes gone. Finally Nadal holds.

Bloody hell could be a classic.

Nadaaaaaaaal

Interesting first set, difficult to see this one being anything but a five setter!

I donā€™t think itā€™ll be five Djokovic playing too loose.

If he didnā€™t give up a double break perhaps he could take that set, he needs to lay off the drop shots. They are terrible shot selection the times he played them.

The drop shot is killing him here.

Just a stupid play

Is it really necessary to bounce the ball 400 times before every serve?

1 Like

Itā€™s really not haha.