Tennis

Thiem takes a set off Rafa Nadal… :-0

1-1 game on!

Nadal wins!

Shock horror.

Thiem looks likes he’ll take over the clay crown once Nadal departs though.

Thiem took the set but Nadal just upped it to another level. Broke Thiem’s serve two times in the following games and broke his will.

Nadal is super human on clay. If he can win a few more slams on the hard and grass courts, I think the GOAT :goat: conversation will have to be revisited…

1 Like

The fact that Thiem played four days in a row plays its part.

Of course Rafa would still likely win but after taking the second set it clearly took everything out of him, huge progress for Thiem regardless as he’d never taken a set off of Rafa at RG.

Outside of RG he won’t do much, he hasn’t won a single GS other than clay in six years.

1 Like

True

I kinda hope Nadal does more at Wimbledon this year tho, the useless fck. Else Djok wins at a canter

Personally I don’t think Rafa will win many or any more slams outside of the French open… Djokovic simply has him covered on hardcourt and Grass and I’d say Fed has him covered on Grass also.

Well done to Rafa on his 12th French open, seems Thiem gave it a go, but a combination of Rafa being to good & Thiem not having enough in the tank was to much to overcome.

4 Likes

He’ll break into the top 20 after this week, best young talent on the ATP, even better than the Greek.

Wimbledon begins, I’ve noticed that Nadal could have a potential 2nd round clash with Kyrgios, that’s a danger match depending what Nick shows up at the all England club.

Unlike RG they have Nadal running the gauntlet.

If Kyrigos is at it he’ll dump Nadal out, big servers are a nightmare for Nadal on grass.

2 Likes

Tsitsipas 2 sets to 1 down. Please don’t let this fine specimen go out in the first round :pray: There’s not much else to look at on the tennis circuit.

:clap:

2 Likes

Venus should call it a day, her win percentage is taking a beating.

She out here un-sponsered, it’s over.

Torch has been passed.

I haven’t watched tennis for years but fair play to this 15 year old, will do here the world of good

from the interview I just watched on ssn, williams sounded well embarrassed that she lost

Tsitsipas and Zverev bite the dust on day 1, Djokovic’s half of the draw opening up massively.

3 Likes

Nadal v Kyrgios on now, been looking forward to this. They clearly don’t like each other. Hopefully Kyrgios is up for it and it isn’t an easy Nadal win.

:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

What a match that was, Rafa certainly enjoyed it at the end!